Been a frustrating sort of day

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
Ever have one of those days where everything pees you off, nothing goes right?
Got up for an early trip to Sainsburys, planned to leave home at 11.30 for a days fishing with the lad.
Get a phone call, plans on hold, family crisis. Now starting to stew, everyone peeing me off especially old gimmers doing 27 in a 40 zone!

We eventually get out of the house with the gear loaded up at 1.45, get close to the pond and realise I've left the sweetcorn in the *!*%ing cupboard.
Quick stop at a shop for corn and we make the pond. The tackle is being awkward, more heavy and difficult to carry than normal.

The wind, which has been strong all day suddenly goes up two notches. The peg we have picked has the wind blowing straight at us. Nevermind we think, the fish will be in the margins near us.

Rigging up takes the best part of an hour the wind is so bad, the floor is covered in bark chippings so everything you drop gets lost immediately, it's almost impossible to keep hold of the line whilst you handle stuff and it's getting steadily irritating.

Rigged up with method feeder, no point in float fishing today, and it goes straight into the branches of a tree bent over by an extra heavy gust of wind :mad:

Nevermind I start again, rig up a cage feeder and eventually get fishing.

Then a lonely divorcee with her alsation bloody sits down behind us and starts waxing lyrical about nature and what have you :mad:

we didn't get so much as a bite, even off the dog despite some very excellent groundbait I had made.

After 2 hours we said $!*% it and went home.

What a waste of time that was.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Should have let the Divorcee have a hold of yer Rod ;);)

Last edited:

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
mate I tell you I was close to doing murders. I wasn't in the mood but went for the lads sake, as it happens he was in as foul a mood as me!

c oo ki e

o_O
lol, you're definitely overthinking things fella.
relax and breathe.
in through your nose, out from your mouth.
reset.
;)

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
"Then a lonely divorcee with her alsation bloody sits down behind us and starts waxing lyrical about nature and what have you :mad: "

Are you fishing by a dogging site then Lol?
:D:D

c oo ki e

o_O
i'm sure you're a nice bloke but you really don't need to post every single event/emotion/reaction/conclusion which occurs to you during your everyday life?
that's what diaries are for.
sorry if i have offended you, it's just my opinion that's all.
(y):)

Last edited:

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Thing is Cookie at least Lol is starting threads and tbh most seem to get others members interacting, so that can't be a bad thing can it?
Rather read about someones experiences like this that raise a smile than the constant drone of individuals political persuasion that finds it's way into a lot of threads.

c oo ki e

o_O
Thing is Cookie at least Lol is starting threads and tbh most seem to get others members interacting, so that can't be a bad thing can it?
Rather read about someones experiences like this that raise a smile than the constant drone of individuals political persuasion that finds it's way into a lot of threads.
very true but if i was to post absolutely everything i do on a daily basis. i'm sure you would get bored pretty quickly.
i can start new threads if you want, but you might get bored by the content.
so i don't.
like i said, just my opinion, that's all.
carry on :cool:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on c oo ki e give it a go for a couple of days :D

(and yes I can spell your name right ;) )

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
You carry on and post away Cookie,nobody makes anyone read the posts and that's the beauty of it-they soon fade and die without interest.
Some of the forum is about escapism but a few take it all far too seriously on every thread and just cannot see anything but misery.

Not picking you out mate because I always read what you write and will continue to do so even if you want to write b*******s :D

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I might start giving Private Tuition on how to deal with not giving a foook and happiness without taking notice ;) PM me starting Dear Wisey

I can see the advertising strap line now Wisey 'Too old to worry & too young to give a *****oooooooook' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: