Becoming more emotionally vulnerable year on year since having a child

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I had 3 lads and I was thinking about them when they were young and growing up . Trying to be protective but not wrap them in cotton wool . Then they started to venture into town at night when they were older , and was awake waiting for the key in the door . They are now aged 46 44 ,and 39 ,,,I still worry, They have kids of their own , they are doing a good job of bringing them up and they know I am always there if they need me . Eldest grandson got gcse results yesterday 5A 2B and distinction in information and technology , so I,'m proud of what he has achieved

BarryS

Gone fishing
Site Supporter
Sorry for the need to get this out, it's just an "off my chest" type of thing for the idea that somebody / anybody will read...
Well done for posting this.......and well done for being alert to your amplified feelings which are in many ways quite natural. The fact that you are aware of these things is good ...I think you would do well to talk to someone.like a qualified councellor...who would halp you navigate your thoughts in a positive way. Your doctor may well help ...but it might just be easier to look locally and find somewho and pay for a coupleof sessions..they are dealing with this sort of thing every day.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Most humans are hardwired to be a mother or father and protect their offspring. This peaks around the age of 30, then a steady decline. So sounds pretty usual, but there are things you can do to make things easier. Closest I got was my girlfriend losing a kid at 18. I'm 37 now and remember the words of a Greek Philosopher who said he was never happier than when the urge in him faded.