Beastmaster 9-11 light medium feeder rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobba

Lobba
I have the pleasure of owning one of these rods and used it very succesfully from shy biting roach and skimmers on a lakes,bream and chub on the river and commercial carp.
I love this rod and can't fault it as it deals with every lunge from the bigger fish I have had and can't remember losing any fish off.
What do you other owners think of this rod?

Dave_Barrett

Being a owner of one of these there is only one word for this rod (AWESOME)[:T]
Originally posted by lobba

I have the pleasure of owning one of these rods and used it very succesfully from shy biting roach and skimmers on a lakes,bream and chub on the river and commercial carp.
I love this rod and can't fault it as it deals with every lunge from the bigger fish I have had and can't remember losing any fish off.
What do you other owners think of this rod?

Last edited by a moderator:

leeboy

I agree they are fantastic.

Nana

Cant believe how good this rod is. I use it alot on the New Junction Canal for Skimmers and Chub tight to the Far Bank. The Action is just right to play the initial lunge of a good Chub without the clutch or back winding and soft enough for the Skimmers.

I also used it in Holland this year and it coped with the Bream also

Awesome!!

bb bone

might have to get one a mate of mine is winning matches and claims he doesn't know what he is doing different to anyone else and came up with 'its my beastmaster its a lucky rod' 6 wins out of the last 7 matches.........could do with some luck how much again? lol

budnudd

tackletartitis
whats it like for the method though guys? had a waggle today felt brilliant but without actually using it its hard to gauge!

Elmer Fudd

I've found mine is good for the method,pellet feeder and for small river chub feeder fishing in tight swims. The action just absorbs all lunges(particulaly when chub fishing). It casts a reasonable distance too, although it's not an out and out distance chucker[:T]

rockyroads

rockyroads
yes a brilliant rod i use it all the time(its the old one)i believe they have a modified version out now but this is way better

thedoggler

How does the Beastmaster compare to the Preston Carbonactive 10ft Mini Carp feeder? I've heard good reviews about both, but I like the fact that the shimano can be fished at two lengths. Anyone tried both of them out?

mitchx69

Mitch
i have both doggler, perfer 10ft mini for the method, awsome casting ability and has the action to absorb engery from any bolting fish, my beastmaster is used for straight lead work and feeder work,but dont get me wrong small methods no problem, great for silvers aswell as big fish too, finesse but had plenty of back up power

so if i had to go for one rod it would be the beastmaster, purely because of it versetility

and if you were to pay 30 for another handle for BM you can make two ready made rods 9ft and 11ft

Meat Master

ive got the old beast master 9-11 and its awesome put simply for short-medium method fishing,very soft and forgiving but also good backbone to cope with 8lb plus carp. not as good as the super g 10ft bomb for f1s and stockies tho IMO.

petert

I was going to buy one but bought one 11ft MAP ParabolixSTI because I didn't want to wait for them to be bought out

petert

I was going to buy one but bought one 11ft MAP ParabolixSTI because I didn't want to wait for them to be bought out.
I have had upto 15lb carp on it.

monster800

Mitch,
How does that work? surely you need a tip carrier as well? or am I being thick?

I love mine, the 9' is awesome on the cut for chub on the feeder, short enough to keep out of cyclists way

Status
Not open for further replies.