BDAA GRAND MASTERS NORTHERN SEMI-FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk

Site Supporter
BDAA GRAND MASTERS NORTHERN SEMI-FINAL
BORDER FISHERY

I must say what a real pleasure it was to officiate the Northern semi-final at Border this week for Mark and myself, it made a change not to be actually fishing our-selves.

38 anglers lined the banks and what great characters some of them are too.

Last week at Stockton I mentioned the England internationals that were present, and this week was no exception with Martin Kershaw representing his country for the first time this year, he was sure to be there, or there about at the weigh-in.

An old friend and somebody who you just cant keep quiet Norman Price, Ive seen him in some comical attire before but slippers Norman?

One of the BDAA managers Geoff Evans is in competition with Jordan this season, with his new good looks after his plastic surgery. Sadly though it was in his cheek after having a nasty fall at Holly Farm and fracturing his eye socket. To be truthful the only resemblance to Jordan was Geoff and his sons matching shorn- heads when they sat together.

I cant leave this section without congratulating the eel-eating champion Jim Bennett for qualifying, and his very close friend Tony, read into that what you will But he did kiss me after the match.

Datafile4.jpg

To the match it self, the wind as always played a major factor in how and where the winner would come from. The meridian is in the shape of a doughnut. This resulted in having some sections where it was virtually impossible to hold the pole at any great distance, to sections where it was flat calm.

The winner Brian Salt with 26Ibs 12ozs of carp, whilst not being a huge weight, it was quite an achievement as the next highest weight from three pegs either side of him could only muster 5Ibs 6ozs
Datafile4.jpg

As usual on all the Grand Masters matches this season it was not just about winning but reaching the next level, and to do so you have to qualify. To all those that did qualify for the final, congratulations!

I would just like to end this report with a big thank-you to Geoff who manages the water for all his help as usual.
Datafile4.jpg

1ST BRIAN SALT 26IBS 12OZS
2ND JO HULME 21IBS 12OZS
3RD JASON RIMMER 19IBS 12OZS
4TH DEREK NUTTER 17IBS 6OZS
5TH ALAN PRICE 15IBS 12OZS
6TH MARTIN KERSHAW 14IBS 8OZS
7TH JIM BENNETT 12IBS 6OZS
8TH ALAN WILD 12IBS 4OZS
9TH DAVID BURROWS 10IBS 10OZS
10TH IAN GOVAN 10IBS 0OZS
11TH FRANK EDGE 9IBS 4OZS
12TH JIM GRATTAGE 9IBS 0OZS
13TH BARRY JAQUES 8IBS 12OZS
14TH TONY HARROP 8IBS 8OZS
15TH ROY MARKLAND 8IBS 8OZS
16TH MALC PLATT 7IBS 0OZS
17TH ERIC YATES 6IBS 14OZS
18TH VIC CUTTS 6IBS 12OZS
19TH GEOFF EVANS 6IBS 2OZS
20TH ARTHUR WALTON 5IBS 12OZS

Datafile4.jpg

Last edited:

scott essery

'Silver man'
Great write up Dirk and well done everyone[:D]

shame Meridian fished so hard [:(] but i hope you all had a day to remember

well done again [;)]

The ROLF Meister [:)]

Vince G

Hop Along
Congratulations to all the qualifiers. Let's hope the final is as enjoyable as it appears the 2 semi's were.

Good luck to everyone at Woodlands View.

Vince

Datafile4.asp

MALC

Well done to all the Finalists and hopefully your nets will full come the final.

Good report Dirky, (see you Sunday)[;)][;)]

RED WAS
Datafile2.asp
I'VE STARTED CATCHING NOW HE'S GONE..!!

Apache

Well done to everyone. Nice work Dirk and Geoff.

------------------------------
Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

Status
Not open for further replies.