BDAA CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL WOODLANDS VIEW (DROITWICH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk

Site Supporter
Wednesday saw me fish, and help to run the BDAA Championship final at Woodlands View (Droitwich), 40 anglers took part with 20 on front and 20 on back Dean's pools. Over 300 BDAA member anglers had fished the 8 Qualifying rounds, which were held at different venues around the country, and the top five from each match made up the 40 anglers taking part on the day.
A grand total of 1335 was paid out in cash prizes on the day. The BDAA sponsored the event to a total of 1188.00.
My efforts were their usual rubbish, as you can see I'm not mentioned in the winners list, I got it all wrong as usual.
The day was rounded of with the presentation some draw prices, and a wonderful buffet laid on by the fishery, Smoked Salmon, Beef, Ham and all the trimmings, Trifle and Apple pie for after, how does that rate on your fishery's gourmet list Malc? Ones again the owners of Woodlands View did us proud, thank-you Mick and your family for all your help.
I would like also to thank all those that took part,and to thank Stuart and Andrew for running matches in their area, and look forward to seeing everybody again in the future.

Winner Stefan gent 56-11-0 Bury lancs 400

Runner up Martin Kershaw 48 - 6 - 0 Rochdale Lancs 240

Third place Mike Toole 45-14-0 Salford Manchester 175

Sections
Ron Hayes 32 - 0- 0 Wigan 65
Vic Cutts 24 - 8 - 0 Birmingham 65
Nigle Milnes ? fishery mistake 40lbs 65
Dave Burrows 11-8-0 Staffs 65
Wally Wright 18-14-0 Telford 65
Jim Grattage 19-9-0 Stoke 65
Roy Powell 30-4-0 Worsley manchester 65
Steve Waites 13-9-0 Birmingham 65

MALC

Well done to all the competitors and The BDAA thumbsup.gif

Well done to Stef for the win (knowing him he put even more practise time in than you did Dirk [;)])

Now that's what i call a decent bit of fishery GRUB.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com
spudnikcoinflip.gif

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
Hi everyone,

Can't help but feel sorry for Terry Nauls can you!
He fished peg 15 but drew peg 16 (allegedly) and
caught 50 odd lb - enough for second place and then
gets disqualified. Having travelled 180+ miles to fish the final and then having this happen to you is a nightmare.

My heart goes out to him and can understand that it will take him a while to recover mentally from this semi-disaster.

All in all a good day out but a shame the fish weren't up to the challenge (too sunny me thinks).

Enjoyed the "Love You" banter between Dirk and Jim B. And "I'll meet you at the blah blah blah later". Be careful Dirk, people will start to talk you know.

Like you say the grub was the best part of the day.

See ya,

Glenn.

owlsangling1

Hi Dirk, yes it was a good day and we all enjoyed ourselves, pity the water seemed to be a bit peggy on the day. I think i even saw Terry smile once..

catch you soon

Stuart

dirk

Site Supporter
Welcome Stuart, I suppose we won't be able to shut you up now you've found how to type! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, if you hadn't I would have had to push you in, Only Joking it's always a pleasure to go fishing with you. I was told to say that.
see you fishing soon.

owlsangling1

Dirk, how can I ever get a word in edge ways when your about. Just wait till I'm your boss in next years Intercounties.

Stuart
XXXXXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.