BBC Radio 1

62tucker

Site Supporter
The young will be offended by a few lyrics when the young are out in there droves partying, drinking and a lot be taking drugs. A few dodgy lyrics will not bother them.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Gotta be honest The BBC have plummeted in the TV and Radio stakes for me... with subscription TV now widespread, the TV licence is just an outdated tax, their radio stations don't cater for my tastes in music and the whole ethos of the BBC nowadays is appeasement and being seen to be down wid da yoot and the political side of the BBC is to support whichever side is going to retain the status quo with respect to their aforementioned outdated tax... time they were broken up or disbanded totally

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
isnt that exactly the same as last year? but who the **** listens to radio 1? would rather listen to static noise lol

and yet songs like WAP by cardi B (never heard it but i know my nieces love it) is very popular, lyrics below! naughty words replaced with cat or f***ing, kids love this song and listen to it on Tik Tok (again god knows how that works but people love it im told)

I said, certified freak
Seven days a week
Wet-ass cat
Make that pull-out game weak, woo
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, you ****ing with some wet-ass cat
Bring a bucket and a mop for this wet-ass cat
Give me everything you got for this wet-ass cat
Beat it up, nigga, catch a charge
Extra large and extra hard
Put this cat right in your face
Swipe your nose like a credit card
Hop on top, I wanna ride
I do a kegel while it's inside
Spit in my mouth, look in my eyes
This cat is wet, come take a dive
Tie me up like I'm surprised
Let's role play, I'll wear a disguise
I want you to park that big Mack truck
Right in this little garage
Make it cream, make me scream
Out in public, make a scene
I don't cook, I don't clean
But let me tell you how I got this ring…

Robwooly

So in an ideal world the banning of Fairytale of New York will gather more momentum and it will be re-released and get to number 1 forcing the BBcPC to play it.

Trouble is all the middle class white hipsters who do that sort of thing are probably the ones appalled by the lyrics yet appreciate the lyrics mentioned above. Be interesting to see what happens

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Like so many others, I have given up listening to BBC radio.
I have enjoyed Radio 4 for many years, but have now had enough of their constant banging on about PC issues.

The final straw was the farming today slot. I am from a farming family, and always take an interest in this short item.
At this time of year, I'd expect to hear about corn prices, lamb markets and winter wheat sowing.
That programme was all about a 'woman of colour' in New York, growing lettuces with her lesbian partner.
Enough is enough.
:(

jods

Radio 1 is aimed at under 29's FONY is almost 40 years old. TBH i like radio stations that don't play any xmas songs. I listen to pop master on the podcast, still have to put up with Ken Bruce though.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
The Beatles, I am the walrus was banned for the lyric "you were a naughty girl you let your knickers down". If we continue to let the 'tail wag the dog' and keep listening to the pc brigade we will not be allowed to say anything. If you want to be a member of a minority group, then do so, but don't expect extra rights and don't try and stop the rest of us having an opinion.