BBC, Last Night Of The Proms Butchery (prepare to be angry)

angel

Site Supporter
Signed, for what good it’ll do. If the BBC have decided to pander to the demands of the snowflakes that’ll be it and no amount of protesting, complaining and whinging will make any difference. How much more of this bull$hit do the average, indigenous, members of the population have to swallow before somebody stands up and says “ENOUGH”?

When in Rome...
I guess the petition, however meaningless, is the first democratic indication of people doing just that.
It worked for Capt. Sir Tom Moore 👍

Pigmeal

To all you patriotic people it isn't land of hope and glory,pomp and circumstance march springs to mind

JayD

I remember a time, not too long ago, when there was a movement to try and get 'Land of Hope and Glory' instated as our National Anthem, in place of our present one. There was a decline in popularity for the Royal family at the time. I wonder if they would still want it banned had it happened?

A quote from the link,
She recently emailed BBC Proms chiefs urging them to drop Rule Britannia. “The lyrics are just so offensive, talking about the ‘haughty tyrants’ – people that we are invading on their land and calling them haughty tyrants – and Britons shall never be slaves, which implies that it’s OK for others to be slaves but not us,” Nwanoku told the Guardian. “It’s so irrelevant to today’s society. It’s been irrelevant for generations, and we seem to keep perpetuating it.”

If they see that as excluding non Britons, then using the same logic, it follows that 'Black lives Matter' must exclude white lives.

John

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
".. and Britons shall never be slaves, which implies that it’s OK for others to be slaves but not us"

WHAT !! ... WHAT THE F....! NO IT CHUFFIN' DOESN'T !!

Good Grief.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Maybe those complaining should research Pax Britannica (widely celebrated in Japan) and all the good things that came from the British Empire.

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
".. and Britons shall never be slaves, which implies that it’s OK for others to be slaves but not us"

WHAT !! ... WHAT THE F....! NO IT CHUFFIN' DOESN'T !!

Good Grief.

Thinking about it, by the same twisted logic "Black Lives Matter" implies that others lives don't matter.
(Get out of that without moving :cool: )

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
As an Irish man I have no love for either song, but to ban them would simply be wrong ! It would be like asking Ireland to ban A Nation Once Again !

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
They probably gonna change the lyrics in a song for the immigrants so it sings we built this city on Cock and Dole 😉

Ivan heaphurst

What next? Ban the National Anthem because it celebrates our Queen whose great great great great grandad probably had a black servant . What is it about BLM campaign, yes there were slaves in our country hundreds of years ago. But what is the difference between a black persons ancestry and mine ? My forebears were no doubt serfs and peasants beholdento the local landowner for their position in life. I don't go about wanting to pull down stately homes and plough up estate land. The past is the past, learn from it and improve our society today. Ripping down statues and changing names achieves nothing except anger and bewilderment.
I wonder if BLM campaign has been hi jacked by people with their own agenda and reasons for stirrring up trouble.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently there is rioting in Winsconson because a black was shot by a policeman - I don't know the details.
However, a white child was slaughtered by a black, white women set on fire by a black, blacks killing black children, innocent children... where's the media coverage, where's the riots?

All I can see coming from all of this is conflict as the gun toting law abiding citizens of the US take law and order into their own hands; and over here it won't be long before the far-right start amassing and the neanderthals join ranks to take back 'their' country

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Apparently there is rioting in Winsconson because a black was shot by a policeman - I don't know the details.
However, a white child was slaughtered by a black, white women set on fire by a black, blacks killing black children, innocent children... where's the media coverage, where's the riots?

All I can see coming from all of this is conflict as the gun toting law abiding citizens of the US take law and order into their own hands; and over here it won't be long before the far-right start amassing and the neanderthals join ranks to take back 'their' country

And if they Far Right Neanderthals as you say Dont then we all become the Oppressed because some dont want to accept the way we live.