Bayer Perlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triturus

First it was Mustad 90340s, now I find that Bayer Perlon is unobtainable. Whats the tackle trade coming to?

splodger

Bayer Perlon was an excellent line to use (especially for hook-lengths)and has suffered since the introduction of the revolutionary low diameter line.
It is surprising however that it cannot be obtained as the other "biggie", maxima, still sells pretty well.

The only places i have seen Baye Perlon recently is on market stalls and i would not reccomend buying line from a market trader as it is often "shop soiled" and kinks rather easily.

SPLODGER

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Triturus, Bayer/perlon is still available but its been repackaged since you last bought some, its now on a bigger diameter spool under the name of Kamasan bayer/perlon, still the same line and B/S.
the stuff you see on the markets is the old spool and as Splodger says dont bother with it cos the new spooling has been out for around for about 3 years, so that gives you some idea how old it could be.

by the way Kamasan/bayer is still a good line to put on your reels, and use the high tech stuff for hook links.

teepee.

Triturus

Yes, that's what I've always used it for, with a high tech hook length.
Now just got to find a supplier

Neil

Larry

Lazarus
I believe, that since BayerPerlon sold out to Kamasan,the original company kept the Bayer Ultima name & makes & markets that line under the Ultima range dropping the Bayer name.& very good line it is as well they do all the variations from ordinary line to the hook length &high tech lines as well i use it a lot & rate it highly the main company's name is AIKEN .I'm right just looked at some old spools of line the Ultima range is a high tech spin off & the name on old spool say's Aiken Bayer Ultima .On the new Ultima Hook Tying Line i bought last year.It say's AIKEN Ultima Perlon hope this help's.[;)]

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Triturus

Thanks Larry.
Just came across an advert for the stuff from Castaway Tackle. 4 spools for 6.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.