bay malton club

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritty

hi guys, I'm new on here and hoping for a bit of help..... I've just joined bmac in cheshire and as a newly retired and disabled angler I was hoping for some advice on bmac waters that are accessibe without too much carrying and no climbing! I've fished b rookhouse farm and intend to do the Dane this autumn but fancy a pond/lake with nice carp or crucians, tench etc.
I had a stroke 18 months ago hence the early retirement and disability. Still. lots of time for fishing! I'm in cheadle hulme, south manchaster by the way.

Col7777

Hello Gritty and welcome to the forum mate, pity your not in Warrington Anglers, I live not far from you I could have shown you a few places.
I live in Newall Green, South Manchester.

Danny Griffiths

Border would probably be good for you mate, it's pretty well a commercial fishery with excellent access for disabled anglers, especially gibbo's pool which is just behind the car park at the top complex. It's mostly carp although there is an excellent head of silvers in most of the lakes. Try and get down in the week and have a word with stewart of frank who run the place, they will sort you out! As for the dane, the access is really good and you can park by the river. Some pegs are a trek but there's plenty that aint too far to walk!

NickMac

Hi Gritty,

Try Brookbank in Goostrey, You can park right next to water. Theres a car park one side with good paths to the pegs and you can let yourself through the gate on the other side and park at your peg!!

Its got a good head of crucians, carp, tench and silvers and its a beautiful little pool. I've had some success with the carp on meat in the margins this year and great fun with the crucians.

gritty

thanks for the ideas, I'd looked at brookbank but was struggling to find it on a map, the maps in the book are rubbish! Found it by searching for the farm business. Probably my nearest water too. will give it a go monday.

owlsangling1

Try Meadow View in Lymm...

good water and access and the owners are the most helpfull people you could meet, they have disabled matches there twice a week.

Stuart

mocnscott

finally a winner
I think you can park by the water at valley pool too and there are some swims on Lymm dam which aren't too bad for access but it gets busy on the banks. Like Danny mentioned Border is perfect for you and Gibbos is a cracking little water.

Scott

Ivan heaphurst

Border, Brookhouse, Brookbank pool, Moore pool, Bath pool. All of these you can open the car door and fish, well nearly.

Tight lines.

Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.