Bay Malton Angling Club

MaxGwill

Anyone here a member of Bay Malton? I've joined for 2021, just wondering where are the decent waters and where I should try first?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I am an ex member, most guys seem to join simply for the ex commercial fishery they lease, Border Fisheries.
They tend to get new waters yearly, but lose as many on a regular basis, they no longer have the River Dane which was always a popular venue. Lymm Damm is available on a day ticket, but looking at your profile your based in Lymm, and will know all about it.
A nearer club to you and imo a better club, would be Northwich anglers, which has plenty of stillwaters, rivers and some canal fishing on its card.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Anyone here a member of Bay Malton? I've joined for 2021, just wondering where are the decent waters and where I should try first?
Try Dunham Fishery at Dunham Massey, Its a day ticket water, but BM members get 10 free visits, just show membership card to whoever comes round, on one pool you can park behind your peg.
I think the also have the pool on the lane behind Lymm Rugby club that leads to Higher Lane,

MaxGwill

Try Dunham Fishery at Dunham Massey, Its a day ticket water, but BM members get 10 free visits, just show membership card to whoever comes round, on one pool you can park behind your peg.
I think the also have the pool on the lane behind Lymm Rugby club that leads to Higher Lane,
I've been to Dunham a couple of times now, love the place, definitely a bonus of having BM licence

Ivan heaphurst

I gave up Bay Malton when they did away with the OAP concession. That and the fact that the waters on the card we're heading south Cheshire way. I can fish Lymm Dam for £2-50 and Dunham for a fiver. Northwich and Winsford are a better buy. It cost me £10/12 in petrol to have a day at Border and there are better commies closer to home that cost me a lot less for a days fishing .

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I gave up Bay Malton when they did away with the OAP concession. That and the fact that the waters on the card we're heading south Cheshire way. I can fish Lymm Dam for £2-50 and Dunham for a fiver. Northwich and Winsford are a better buy. It cost me £10/12 in petrol to have a day at Border and there are better commies closer to home that cost me a lot less for a days fishing .
Is Border day ticket ,?

Pilchy60

Was a member for a while, but most of the waters they had were either holes in the ground, or very good - Border/Dane good.... Binned my membership about 4 years ago, as clear the only waters they were interested in was Border. Live near Lymm but could day fish that anyway. Dunham was hit and miss. Its all down to personal position, but with Border being their 'Jewel' it was a long round trip for my lad and me, and was getting harder to fish on it as they had so many matches. Haven't regretted leaving and haven't missed it tbh....Just seen its £85 for 2021 which for a Pensioner is way to expensive.

Last edited:

IanSme

I am an ex member, most guys seem to join simply for the ex commercial fishery they lease, Border Fisheries.
They tend to get new waters yearly, but lose as many on a regular basis, they no longer have the River Dane which was always a popular venue. Lymm Damm is available on a day ticket, but looking at your profile your based in Lymm, and will know all about it.
A nearer club to you and imo a better club, would be Northwich anglers, which has plenty of stillwaters, rivers and some canal fishing on its card.
The information regarding the River Dane is incorrect the club has 3 stretches of the river.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
The information regarding the River Dane is incorrect the club has 3 stretches of the river.
When l posted the above thread l was told they had given the cotton farm stretch up as the owner had basically destroyed all the swims by removing all the trees etc, and when l looked on the clubs waters page the dane was not listed there, l have just looked again and its now there.

IanSme

That's quite strange but I know for definite that Bay Malton still have Manor farm, Cotton Farm, Robinson Meadow, Plimlotts Meadow and Cranage because I have fished them myself.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
That's quite strange but I know for definite that Bay Malton still have Manor farm, Cotton Farm, Robinson Meadow, Plimlotts Meadow and Cranage because I have fished them myself.
I wouldnt have said, or posted anything l didnt believe to be true, and the maps that are now being shown are circa 2021 so to me that seems as though the dane section has been revamped. I drive over the Cotton Farm stretch, on the M6 a few times each week, and the banks look like they have been vandalised, used to see loads of cars parked down there, but not noticed any for ages.