Battle plan for tomorrow?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone fishing tomorrow? If so, what's your plan?

I'm going Chub fishing on the Worcs Stour, on a weir that has been the source of much frustration along with a few good fish.

Firstly, I'll be following advice on here and ditching the hi tech line for hooklengths and using 4lb Maxima instead, so hopefully I'll lose less feeders to snags with 6lb Korum Xpert reel line.

Secondly, I'm going to try hooking the worm in different ways, I have some lobworms which I think are best cut in half and threaded onto the hook, but with the Large Dendrobaenas I have, I'm going to hook them on a size 10 or 8 as many times as I can to make a DendroBall! Similar to a worm kebab if hair rigging, but I don't fancy using a hair there. Hopefully hit more bites this way.

What's your plan if going tomorrow?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Screw going tomorrow in the mega winds!

I’ll be out again on Monday after the Thames roach on the hemp again. It’s showing steady signs of improvement so hopefully the upward curve will continue. I had 14 first attempt, 15 second, 18 third and 26 fourth so I’m hoping to clear 30 next time out as the next step. That said I’m hoping I’ll really get amongst them any day soon with a proper 40 plus roach bag.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Good luck! Totally sheltered from the wind where I'm fishing but I do worry about the tree swaying next to where another one came down across the peg. Forgot about the Lunar Eclipse tonight as well, should see that as will be there at the crack of dawn, and can't be bad for the fishing can it?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Thanks

Tbf the swim I’ve been fishing last couple sessions is sheltered up to a point but the mid teen winds of yesterday were still getting in there pretty bad but just about bearable and it’s a similar forecast Monday. Tomorrow’s blowing much harder though so it would be unfishable then.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
As long as it's dry is my main concern as it's wind sheltered. Probably could get a brolly in the ground with a mallet but the silt on the peg is only about 3 inches deep before you hit hard ground, struggle to even get a bankstick in very far!

bryan white

Site Supporter
Bought some maggots and hoping to pop down to the wey.
set up with a waggler rather than a stick due to tomorrow’s forecasted wind .
just hoping it’s not going to rain to hard overnight.
if it does plan b..which entails someone who‘s eyes are going the way of the dodo, tying gama greens onto 0.6 and 0.7 line, along with some blacks on 0.8 and 0.9