Battering the Bream at Bingley

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
This morning after rigorous "pre-baiting" of his swim JonJoe was already "into 'em" when I arrived on the towpath of the Leeds & Liverpool Canal at Bingley, at 06.45.[:D][8D]

By the time I had my gear set up he probably had another four or five in the net.[:D]

The next hour I reckon produced a fish a chuck for about seven casts, every one a nice "bronze" thing, and all taken on Corn on the waggler, fished a foot or so overdepth.

By 09.00 he had already packed in, because his back was giving him some pain,........what a wimp, a few Bream and his back goes.[;)][;)][:0]

After packing his gear away "very gingerly" it came time to get his net out,......."oh, my back, I can't lift my net out".

Ambling leisurely across to lift the keep net out for the big ginger wimp, I realised that I too couldn't lift it, "it's stuck on the bottom" I said, just before it gradually started to surface.

WOW.........after a TWO AND A HALF HOUR session on a LOCAL Canal,
an absolutely brilliant result!!!! beer-toast1.gif beer-toast1.gif

It had to be worthy of a WEIGH, and a PHOTO.[:D]

What do you reckon ??

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

21lb 8oz....in under two and a half hours[8D][8D]

Datafile11.jpg

The man himself[:D]

Cheers, JonJoe, for showing me that (there are Bream in the Cut at Bingley)[:D]

By the way, you forgot to tell me where you put my (supposed) "pre bait" LOL, I couldn't buy a Bream, you had 'em ALL in your swim.[:D]

little_roach

Bazzer
A cracking net and nice pics. I must say Cleggy all these cracking canal reports you keep posting is wetting my appetite for getting on the Leeds/Liverpool near where I live in Chorley. I stopped fishing it a couple of years ago after getting cheesed off with all the dog walkers and bikers ruining my sessions.

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
Nice net jonjoe [:0][:)]looks like a grand day [:)]

Towpath Tyke

Had my first cast at 6.15am, and my last at 8.30am Saturday. Back was killing me so at 8.30 I rang Michelle to take me home! The 21.8lb of Bream took some of the pain away. All day Saturday and all day Sunday I was layed up on sofa. Then Sunday at about 6.00pm I decided to have a walk around the house, when leaving the loft bedroom I slipped from the top step, and 17 stone of love fell onto the bottom step!!![:I] Result.....more back pain, badly bruised right arm, cut left arm, banged head, and a twisted ankle!!! No, I wasn't drunk!!! Now I`m at work walking around like I`ve sh#t my pants. Michelle`s running around after me because we fly out to Crete at the weekend, so she`s praying I`ll be well enough!!! I`ll milk it just another couple of days. lol [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

JB56

Well done joejoe, incedently it can also fish like this at silsden at the back of the bungalows

Towpath Tyke

Don`t get me wrong, I am a good all round angler. But in the last couple of weeks it`s been more than skill. People on other pegs, even just a peg either side have not had the bites! the fish just seem to be in this one peg!! So to keep them there I pre-bait twice a week and fish it on a Saturday!! The fish were there before I put any bait in, I just feed them continually to keep them in that area or they would move on! The carp are starting to move in too, had the 11 1/2lb mirror the other week, and lost one last weekend second cast. The peg is 6ft deep, and I fish it at 8ft on waggler (2ft on bottom). Not conventional but it works!!! The rest of the canal averages 3 - 4ft. [:)]

Useless

Are there any bream worth targetting on the Bingley length between the locks and Riddlesden, and how do you pre-bait the swim? Only late last summer I fished a couple of pegs near Crossflatts on a fairly regular basis and caught some decent skimmers, but I haven't seen them since.

Thinking about it they're probably in Bingley now feeding their fat faces!

Btw, grand catch, not the prettiest peg on the length though is it? Misen I'd be worried about them there 'Ovaltinies' nicking mi car and lobbing bricks at me if I was fishing down there. [;)]

Towpath Tyke

Bream on top length seem to be few and far between now, and no my peg is just an old mill opposite but thats the good thing because every other angler fishes the `nice to look at swims`! And not many of the local scum tend to bother me.....I`m 6ft 2", 17 stone and engaged to, and live with Michelle Sutclffe (Mick Sutcliffe`s daughter...ex bare knuckle fighter), so yeah am safe! lol [:eek:)] Carp to 22lb coming out above 3 rise, Ide, Perch and Bream below down to next locks! Michelle doing packing, so I`ll be down Saturday and Monday this week, fly out Tuesday to Crete...even got her mate and boyfriend to house sit to feed cats!!! Anyone fancy meeting me on the canal either day PM me!!! [8D]

David Hargreave

Ex Dodgyref
JONJOE, i'd meet you, but if theres only one peg with fish in, it's not worth it. And lets be honest, if Cleggy can't pull them Bream out of your swim, no one can!!!!!

Towpath Tyke

Your probably right David, Bingley match won on Sunday with around 6lb!!! and thats the average on most pegs when pleasure fishing at the moment unless carp fishing but even thats hit or miss! All the Bream are in a deep hole about 10ft wide, out of that hole you may catch just the odd one. Compared to me getting a bite every minute or two off Bream, it`s that good!!! [:)]

Towpath Tyke

If it`s rained off Saturday I`ll be in the Weatherspoons at Bingley if!!! [:D] or I`ll be at B&Q buying wood for my `Ark`!!! [:eek:)]

Towpath Tyke

After trying to warm up on half a bottle of vodka Friday night I awoke at 7.00am Saturday. Not being able to get back to sleep I made the rash decision to go down to my Bream swim on the `cut`. The canal looked sh#t, in colour, it was a mucky brown colour due to the heavy down pour of late. I arrived at my peg, and had my first cast at 8.00am! by 9.30am I still had not had a single bite!!! where had all the Bream gone? Where had all the fish gone? As British Rail once said...It was the wrong type of rain!!! So 9.45am I was on the short walk home!!! [:(!][V]

Status
Not open for further replies.