Not open for further replies.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Report fron the Maver Pairs at Monks

www.nick-gilbert.com

FISHAHOLIC

pudge
Hi nick, i to got battered i was on lake 3 peg 116 , i too spotted many fishin the top layers at half way distance so i set up the pellet waggler , this is something new to me still as this was only the third time i have fished it, fist cast after firing out a few pellets and an F1 graced my net and then 3 others i thought brillant everybodys fishing the pole and im on my own , but it all changed the wind got uo and i couldnt get the presentation and all i kept catching was the odd small chub so i kept going and at the same time feed my margins. in the last 2 hours i fished past over pellet in the margins and only winkled out 2 orange tench and 2 4 small carp and 2 small grenn tincas, i just could get the fish into the margins?, i wish i had set up the pole at about 7-8 meters and fished pellet on the deck of paste as that seemed to work for the others, but i just keppt trying down the edge don,t know what i was doing wrong. The scales came round and i really was looking forward to it there had been some weights in the 40s and 50s but i knew i had half that, i weighed 29lb i was gutted, the bloke 2 pegs down on the point weighed 104lb on paste at about 6 meters, should have switched as soon as i saw him building a weight, never mind lesson learned this is only my 3 rd year match fishing and im learnig all the time i just which each small chub i had was a carp as i would have had a much bigger weight never mind. On another note i love fishing the pellet waggler i may have to track you down for a lesson!

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I dont think you did a lot wrong, 116 on lake 3 is not a great draw, well most of lake 3 is not good you just cant beat the end pegs near the airator!

The pellet waggler is one of my favorite methods, have you read the article on my blog?

Last edited:

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Aaah unlucky Nick, i bet even with a half decent peg you would have nailed it.

FISHAHOLIC

pudge
Yes nick helped a lot, i have the preston 11ft 2 piece rod which i fished in conjuction with my TDR 3012 would you so thats ok or should i use the smaller 2508 model reel? also if you about one weekend i wouldnt mind a few pointers.

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Originally posted by FISHAHOLIC

Yes nick helped a lot, i have the preston 11ft 2 piece rod which i fished in conjuction with my TDR 3012 would you so thats ok or should i use the smaller 2508 model reel? also if you about one weekend i wouldnt mind a few pointers.

I like the 2500 size reels with the 11ft rod. But either would do just use the one you prefer.

Might have to arange a day out I think a few on here want to know how I fish the waggler?

FISHAHOLIC

pudge
yes i would like that, i want to learn more about this method and hopefully it will help me in beoming a better match angler(hopefully).

thanks nick

Fishaolic(pagey77)

Bill G

Grandad
hard luck on the pairs nick, but a day out with giving a few pointers would be good i would be there if you can sort a date

Omega Mike

Omega Mike
You thinking of organizing a 'get together' Nick? I would be up for that seeing as Hartleylands is my favourite venue ;o) It doesn't have to be a match I suppose! we could use it as a day out to show people how to fish the pellet waggler and Vitalin Feeder. Vince has one match booked at Hartleylands for our MD's Southern Champs on Saturday 29th Sept. I'm really looking forward to that one ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.