Basic TV with Freeview

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is it possible to get a basic TV with Freeview with a very basic remote control, ideally with bigger than normal buttons?

The fewer the buttons on the remote the better.

My elderly mother is always on the phone recently because she's pressed the wrong button on the remote and "its no longer working"
Most of the time it's a case of telling her to switch it off and then back on. Tonight (bless her) she did after another phone call, to find that it was wrong again because it was showing old programs - Porridge was on BBC2 :D

So for the sake of my sanity I need to get her a simple to use TV with remote asap :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll have a look, either that or confiscate her phone :D

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you cant get one in argos or whatever, try contacting your local organization for the blind. I don't know what the british one is called but over here it is the NCBI,

Chervil

Site Supporter
What about a large button remote? My Nan used to have one, along with a large button phone.

Edit, for some reason it never seems to let me put amazon links up. Type in large button TV remotes

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
As carphauler shows you can get simple remotes and tune them to an existing tv. I did it a few years ago for my mum when she had dementia. Age concern were helpful with advice.

jods

Site Supporter
Make sure it is compatible with the TV before you buy.