Barston lakes

mark67

Site Supporter
Will be going to Barston lakes on June 15 if any one fancies meeting up obviously social distancing never fished it before would be great to meet some fellow drowners.
Got a week the rest of the week will be spent fishing the flashes after the Bream in Northwich.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Too far for me mate, but enjoy your time there. :upthumb:

Rick123

Site Supporter
I'm told its stuffed with big old carp that pull your rod in?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I'm told its stuffed with big old carp that pull your rod in?
The main lake is 21 acres and holds Carp to the near 40's, some big old bruisers. I wish I could spend another weekend there.

Rick123

Site Supporter
The main lake is 21 acres and holds Carp to the near 40's, some big old bruisers. I wish I could spend another weekend there.
Is it like many commercial places, you will catch something?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Is it like many commercial places, you will catch something?
You will catch, but if it's a Carping session, take a good book because the bites can be a bit of a wait for the big ones.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
The lake has been extremely busy since the opening after lockdown. I haven't fished it over the last few weeks. Method fishing generally works there for all species. Yellow baits work well.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Glugged Teabag is the method apparently

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Tuned in to Cell on Barston from all the bivvy boys chucking it in a kilo at a time, cell micros on the method with ringers allsorts wafters as hookbait work well (y)

berty bunker

the place is a right tip ! i fished the river blythe which runs next to the main lake . never seen so much rubbish just slung into the bushes between the main lake and the river. loads of use and sling bbq's ,bags of rubbish all over the place even bags with the tackle shop they bought stuff off stuffed with sh*t and slung down the bank. all the bins were over flowing. won't be going back !