Barrow/Trolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutley

After the Monks match last week and the Framfield one yesterday, it has come to my attention that a barrow/trolley is required [:I]

Now i don't have the standard match tackle, I have 2 medium sized carp bags, korum chair, sensas bucket, ruck sack for my camera gear, net bag and a quiver rod bag eyepop.gif

Which would you recommend [?][?]

Not looking for a Rolls Royce fellas, a cheap run about will do [:T]

rawww

Got mine from argos about this time last year for about 20 odd quid i think. Folds up nice and small and has been rallied around everywhere with 2 pplease carp fishing kit on it and never broke/gone wrong. Think i'll need to strenghen the handles where they join onto the frame at some point in the future but not for a while yet. Was looking at some of the ones by fox/nash etc, but i'll be damned if i'm paying 150+ quid for a gloryfied wheelbarrow with a posh name on it...

Last edited:

stevelk

the tft barrow goes for 49 ,if you know were to look , folds small and does the job

201059194759_images.jpeg

Carper44

Try Argos. I bought one from there a couple of years ago and its never let me down. I think i paid about 25-30 quid for it and it carries shed loads of stuff. Oh and be careful some of the barrows that are out there with top names on them are exactly the same as the cheaper un-named ones (i know i nearly made that mistake).....

Last edited:

Mutley

Do like the look of the Preston one and I had a look at the Argos one, twin wheels on both, not sure about twins! is the single wheel easier to get around??

I like the look of this one:- infinitybarrow.png

Found somewhere i can get it for 49.00

All opinions please.

Sharky001

I have the Preston one, but I would say it is more geared for the match/coarse angler. But get a trolley/barrow you will not regret it. How may times have we settled for a closer peg than walk all the way around to that not often fished spot. A single wheel is less stable but easier over rough uneven ground and easily follows narrow paths made by anglers. The Preston one and the identical one from Ultimate Direct allows the option of wheels set apart or put together like a barrow.

Larry

Lazarus
Iv'e got the chub on can't fault it I also had the barrow tidy the rod rest,the barrow bag,

http://www.chubfishing.com/en-gb/products/transportation/barrows/
I use the barrow.the tidy&rod rest& straps the most i think it great.

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
if ou can get one with two wheels then do so, i've had one wheeled barrow before and they are very unstable, keep falling over every time you leave them.

I now have a preston space station, but as said above these are geared really for the match angler using a box and carry all.

Mutley

Many thanks gents, i saw a couple of Preston ones at the weekend, they look very well built, and being as you can put the wheels together, this could be the winner.

I use holdalls which would fit on their a treat, plus they have that little bag thing at the back that i can put things in as well.

Next question, does anybody know who's doing a good deal on these at the moment???

paulod

Site Supporter
After reading this string and spending the last year cursing my Prestons' trolley, I bought one of the Argos jobbies.
It's okay,especially at the price, (39 99p), but no matter how I try, I can't get my Preston box to sit properly on it. I've put my platform on the trolley for now, with the box sitting on it, and it's fine, but a more permanent solution is called for eventually.
I thought you Preston box owners might need to know this before you shell out.[:W]

greentura

Greenie
hi muts, i was behind you, same sort of gear used here. if i hadn't used the small one i made myself i'd probably get the korum barrow or just the wheel kit for the korum chair. i also have a prestige mk2 barrow i use for longer sessions but it might be to big [:T] well done on monks by the way[:T]

MartynRedfern

Another bad draw
Paul Od, thanks for the heads up re the preston box not fitting properly. Ha ha, another potential barrow ticked off, I will find the one at some point.

rhys

their also is a kourum barrow that is a carp version of the space shuttle

cadburysnack

If you have a korum chair why not just buy the Korum Trolley Chair Accessory? I love the Korum stuff and am really thinking about getting this piece of kit for my chair....

FC-KOR-CHAIRKIT.jpg

Mutley

Yes i know about the wheel kit, just a firm believer in right kit for the job, i would be worried about over loading it.

I have just acquired some box section (free) so may do a "Greentura" and make my own, to fit what i have.

Thanks for all the help though gents, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.