barnburgh pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnyplant

Anybody no anything of this place? My granma lived in barnburgh and i could see this from her farm garden. I always saw people fishing it and know its still there. Does anyone know any info on it? anything will help. is it private?

Hooty

Used to walk round it when i was a kid.
Plenty of big carp in it then.
Membership was through Barnburgh Wmc angling section and i think there was a waiting list.
My mate used to be a member and i'm seeing him this weekend so i will have more info then.

Hooty.

lee4131

i know very little on it mate but a mate is a member he is from thurnscoe and his grandad is a member of the wmc and he is allowed to fish it. im almost sure that when you join the wmc your allowed on it

donnyplant

That would be great hooty, we are both on about the one at the bottom of the dove cotes aren't we? the one you can see from low farm?

donnyplant

Went to look at it myself today, its brimming full of carp, all on the top. About 10-15lbs. Was just 2 groups of people fishing it with bread and minimum gear as there is only somewhere to park at least a 10 min walk away. looked really out of shape with loads of burnt out fires around it and lager cans and litter. I'm going to look into it a bit more though and find out who owns the land around it. My granma owned some of the fields but not the joining ones. Might be a investment for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.