Bargain price ????

mickthechippy

23/04/2008 - 25/12/2021
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Now, if someone posts a want advert and you have that item and reply to thier advert, what would you think is a bargain price ?

item in question is a brand new unused no5 section for a Daiwa Air pole,

found the cheapest price on the net, though the shop has none in stock at this moment and that was £177.99 plus post and packaging

told the matey that and said make me an offer

What would you regard as a good offer, (add in £20 postage and buying a bit of downpipe tube to keep it safe in the couriers hands)

just awondering

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Now, if someone posts a want advert and you have that item and reply to thier advert, what would you think is a bargain price ?

item in question is a brand new unused no5 section for a Daiwa Air pole,

found the cheapest price on the net, though the shop has none in stock at this moment and that was £177.99 plus post and packaging

told the matey that and said make me an offer

What would you regard as a good offer, (add in £20 postage and buying a bit of downpipe tube to keep it safe in the couriers hands)

just awondering
£100 plus postage

scuttster

Site Supporter
So based on the price of a Air No. 5 here (Air AIRP160-AU No 5 - Fishing Spares) I would have to say an offer of £150 + postage would be a minimum however £170 + postage would be a bargain for the buyer. Especially as most places are saying no stock or not disclosing their stock position. (I am assuming I have the correct section in my link)

edit: I am also assuming the person looking for the section is needing it fairly soon.

Last edited:

david white

Site Supporter
mickthechippy

surely the ‘ best price ‘ under any circumstances is one that the seller is happy to receive ( taking their original purchase price into account ) and what the buyer is prepared to pay ( taking the RRP, postage, availability and need of acquisition time scale into account ) after all the buyer may not have the funds or need to purchase ‘ new ‘ !

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
So based on the price of a Air No. 5 here (Air AIRP160-AU No 5 - Fishing Spares) I would have to say an offer of £150 + postage would be a minimum however £170 + postage would be a bargain for the buyer. Especially as most places are saying no stock or not disclosing their stock position. (I am assuming I have the correct section in my link)

edit: I am also assuming the person looking for the section is needing it fairly soon.
That shows as £302.
Fishingspares.co.uk

carphauler

£177 seems a bit cheap for a number 5 from a shop, as said £300 is nearer the mark, for an unused new one second hand I reckon £200+, £150 would be a bargain.

scuttster

Site Supporter
That shows as £302.
Fishingspares.co.uk
Precisely. If that is the price most other retailers have the section for then the person who is after the section from @mickthechippy should be snapping his hand off at the offering of an offer based around a best retail price of £178 + p&p.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have a G50 and I think it would fit that.
I was tempted, but have a few other things to buy.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’d be more than happy to pay 200 quid delivered or plus postage. These things aren’t cheap and I’d be well happy to lay my hands on one in this present climate. 200 quid ain’t being greedy for a brand new section.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Why don't we have an auction forum, similar to e bay, @Dave obviously has spare time on his hands to set it up and run it🤐🤐🤐

mickthechippy

23/04/2008 - 25/12/2021
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Doesnt matter now, hes decided he doesnt want to risk it in the post