Barbel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Hello,
I am new to "Maggot Drowners" I am a Barbel only Angler are there any other Barbel Anglers on this Site

Allan

Tim

Hi Allan,

It all depends what you call a barbel angler, I have fished for them many times but i wouldnt go so far to say that I fish for them soley. My main haunts are around the Wharfe and Swale where there are some excellent swims and the barbel though few in number, certainly know how to put up a good fight. Unfortunately with the foot and mouth most of the stretches have prohibited access :(

Tim

Allan

Hi Tim,
Nice to meet you. I also have fished the swale a couple of times although I live in Somerset. I mainly fish only for Barbel, but in the winter I can be found fishing for Chub. What sort of sucess have you had I found it to be very hard going, only managing Chub each visit.

Allan

Edited by - Allan on 29 Aug 2001 2:06:27 PM

Tim

Hi Allan,
On the Wharfe especially around the Tadcaster area I've had Barbel to 6lb but not this season though, The Swale also is out of bounds for the time being but around Helperby I had a bag of ten barbel for forty two pounds last summer the biggest being 5lb.
As you say the Chub are more active and become a bit of a nusance after a bit.
The Ouse fishes pretty well but the barbel are few and far between often catching them when fishing for Chub!!

What sort of year are you having so far?

Tim

Allan

Hello Tim,
Well it has been slow, as the Bristol Avon seems to be a bit off. I have had two Barbel at 8.12 and a couple smaller. None of the big ones are showing yet, but there is still time. I blanked last night and I am off for an all night session friday I will let you know how I fared.

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.