Barbel Paste

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Just a thought on the bait lads.

Bair manufacturers invest a lot of money in developing and trialling new baits and all are in competition to be "the one" that corners the market.

By messing about and adding things to them you are changing and negating the development work and if it fails it could be down to what you have done.
There are plenty of ways to find out about how others use it so learn from those and see if it works for you.
If it doesn't after a few sessions then consider giving it a few tweaks and experiment,but to do so before you have even used it seems crazy to me.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d agree with that. Always worth finding out your baseline first so to speak in any situation then tweak if necessary. If you go straight in with an adaption, a plan B if you like, you may well miss fish you’d have caught with a more simple plan A.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My cheese paste hasn't arrived yet so can't tell how crumbly it is yet. Tried moulding some of the Meaty paste around a pellet today but wasn't going to make much difference either way with no fish being caught.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My cheese paste arrived today, it was actually Dynamite Big Fish Cheese and Garlic Paste I ordered, not Hinders. The consistency seems spot on, the Dynamite Meat Paste I ordered was a bit drier and crumblier. Really stinks too! Can't wait to try it for some Chub.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
My cheese paste arrived today, it was actually Dynamite Big Fish Cheese and Garlic Paste I ordered, not Hinders. The consistency seems spot on, the Dynamite Meat Paste I ordered was a bit drier and crumblier. Really stinks too! Can't wait to try it for some Chub.

Does it smell a bit like blue cheese stilton sort of smell? That's what the Hinders smells of .

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I always made my own cheese paste, when I river fished a lot , could never buy anything like that in my day

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Does it smell a bit like blue cheese stilton sort of smell? That's what the Hinders smells of .

The garlic is pretty overpowering on this one but a hint of blue cheese too!

I always made my own cheese paste, when I river fished a lot , could never buy anything like that in my day

Easier this way lol though I might in future.