Barbel fishing on the River Swale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYJL1964

Hello All,

Seeing as though someone has deemed it necesary to syndicate Topcliffe (upstream of the bridge and downstream) can anyone direct me to any decent Barbel areas in Yorkshire?

Regards

Andy

Andy J Lockwood

dazb

andy

are you a member of any clubs that have fishing right on the swale?

if not can i sojest that you get in tuch with my club (middlesbrough ac) via stev bland at angles choise in m/brough tel 01642 899288.

the club has around 300 pegs on 8 different sections from gatenby to baldersby all on the swale

i hope this is a help

dazb

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet
Newton Kyme,Between Boston spa and Tadcaster, Also Taddy its self

Stu

ANDYJL1964

Cheerz lads

Thanks for the info.

Daz, what areas are the best for the Barbel I search? And, are they worth fishing during the summer or is it worth waiting for the level to come up a bit?

Stu, I've heard good reports about Boston Spa too. Any clues? Plus, re:the places you mentioned. Is it da ticket on the bank or prior to fishing?

Once again amigos

Muchos Gracias

Tight Lines

Andy icon_smile_big.gif

Andy J Lockwood

Simon R

Site Supporter
Andy

My club (Stokesley AC) have the fishing rights on a short stretch of the Upper Swale at Catterick, although I've only had chub so far this season I know of at least two six-pound barbel that have come out this season. It fishes best until the first frosts after which the barbel seem to disappear downstream to the deeper water.

This is the river a couple of weeks ago, when it was low and in need of some rain (and we bloody got it! icon_smile_angry.gif)

Hope this is of some use

Tight Lines

Simon

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet Andy
They are Day ticket these can be bought from Lower wharf Angling in Boston spa, or Costcutters if you are going to Tadcaster.
I prefer Newton Kyme Myself took Daniel there start of the season and he caught a 3lb Barbel

Stu

dazb

andy

first must apologice for not replying will try and get you some more info this weekend and get back to youicon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_blush.gificon_smile_wink.gif

dazb

animal

TRY SHEEPHILL FARM ON THE SWALE ITS NOT FAR ABOVE THORNTON BRIDGE WHICH IS ALSO VERY GOOD HAD A 9LB 8OZ BARBAL OUT OF SHEEPHILLS

animal

patriot

Andy concerning Middlesbrough angling club i work part time in anglers choice the phone number is 01642 850428.Have you tried the match stretch at cundall farm just past the topcliffe stretch,also like someone suggested sheephills farm on the same road.

Tught lines good hunting,

Status
Not open for further replies.