barbel boilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

I went to my local tackle shop and found some barbel boilies on the shelf. At first i thought it was April 1st but the owner told me they were realy good.
Has anyone tried boilies for barbel or is he just having me on?

Cheers Tim

Dem0n

boilies are boilies I reckon
same as fish are fish hope your leg don't hurt too much
Tench,Bream and Barbel love 'em I just wish I could get the Carp to find them where I'm fishing

Dammit I know there's fish here somewhere

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
All part of the latest trend.Barbel appear to be about to become the new "carp".
Leslies of luton have even produced a "Barbel" catalogue.
To each his own,just as long as we don't see bivvied up anglers spending weeks at a time behind 3 rods on rivers.

Peter.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have heard of boilies specifically designed for Barbel tho I haven't used them neither has anyone else in the team. One of the best baits that I've found for barbel has to be the old time favourite ~ Luncheon meat, although some time ago I tried large hempseed with pretty good results.

If barbel are to become the new carp ~ does that mean swimfeeders, arlesey bombs and quivertips will have Nash imprinted on the side of them and cost three times as much - Just a thought

Dave

Allan

It is possible to catch Barbel on Boilies designed for carp. Any of the fishmeal based ones will catch. Barbel seem to prefer savoury flavours, why not try Paste base mixes are very reasonably priced, the flavourings can be a bit pricy though, but try adding a hot curry powder to the mix or a liquid like Garlic this really does the biz.

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.