barbel and chub

johnhappychef

hi guys i was looking at travelling to the Trent to try and catch some barbel and chub any could point me to a good stretch day ticket if possible
many thanks

johnhappychef

Welcome aboard John , A1 Pits, and Bobs Island, for starters.
thanks wise owl i have looked at both those , bob island looks OK and A1 pits i have never caught barbel on the Trent so its a challenge for me and with it being such a big river i am not sure of direction

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Its a challenge for everyone mate but if ya get among em ya in with a chance of some Munters (y) Good Luck

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi John, Just remember the river is carrying extra water at present so, youll probably need 6 to 8 ounce to hold. If you need any info on our stretch at Besthorpe just let me know. Good luck pal. ?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Collingham is day ticket, however that has been difficult going recently for some of us. If you get into things, you will open up some water and chances, by getting a Newark and district piscatorial federation card. Have details for them if you wish to go down that route. Good luck.

johnhappychef

Hi John, Just remember the river is carrying extra water at present so, youll probably need 6 to 8 ounce to hold. If you need any info on our stretch at Besthorpe just let me know. Good luck pal. ?
many thanks for the reply i need all the help i can get it my first time on the Trent ,so thank i will take you up on the offer of help

johnhappychef

Collingham is day ticket, however that has been difficult going recently for some of us. If you get into things, you will open up some water and chances, by getting a Newark and district piscatorial federation card. Have details for them if you wish to go down that route. Good luck.
i am just looking at Collingham and some one else recommended me to try Collingham so i thing this could be my first place to try, could do with some info please many thanks john

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@johnhappychef

If you decide to go and don't catch, don't be put off. The Trent can be a bit naughty at times and doesn't give up it's fish easily (depending on stretch). Perseverance will pay off...eventually.

Bobs Island is also day ticket.

johnhappychef

would love it if you could send me details of the angling club, the only problem is i dont live local will that effect my application