BANKSIDE PEST ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel

HI EVERYONE

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS EXPERIENCE, YOU KNOW THE TYPE, THE ANGLER THAT SITS DOWN NEXT TO YOU AND THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING, EVEN STARTS TELLING YOU WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG. OR THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO JUST WANTS TO CHAT AND STANDS IN THE WAY OF YOUR STRIKE AND IN THE EYELINE OF THE FISH, I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME A FEW TIMES, JUST LIKE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND STORIES.

JEL

j white

MALC

Jel,

Must admit don't often come across mister BEEN THERE GOT THE T-SHIRT.

But i do seam to attract every idiot or weirdo thats around.

One instance whilst fishing a 50 peg match on the canal (50 blokes in a line), you could see from peg 1 to 50 as it was straight with no trees to block the venue, and i was drawn in the middle.

From where i was i could see the entrance at the bridge about 20 or so pegs away. Half way through the match i could here a group of people shouting about and thought to myself idiots from the pub by the bridge.
The shouting got louder and louder but i could not see anyone which was strange and a few comments were passed between me and the anglers either side as we could not fiquire out where they were.

Then IT happened, from over the thick hedge behind me a football hit the water infront of me (wont print what i shouted), but what happened next was unreal and i would not believe it unless i'd been there.
As i stood up to try seeing over the hedge (to thick to see through it) 2 bloody great railway sleepers crashed on top of the hedge and 10 or so NUDISTS came running over the top and all of them just jumped in the cut.
I was gobsmacked to say the least as was all the other anglers.
We all just stood and watched in amazment and disbelief as they all played in the cut starkers with the football.

After about 10mins (and a bit of verbal) they all scrambled out of the cut back over the fence and went away.

Myself and a few others did not bother fishing any more and just stood talking about what had just happened.

And thats just 1 of the better example's of the idiots being attracted to me.

Fishing can be fun even with the idiots in your peg.

ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

bart4real

I find that in general, most people are genuine enough when they require information about something. I don't mind people sitting there watching, I am usually glad of someone to talk to but I don't like the blokes who ask you how to do something and then stab you in the back.
I had a bloke sit behind me for the entire match at one festival asking how I did certain things. I told him everything he wanted to know about carp fishing and then I find out from the organiser that this chap said I was over the top on my bait limit. Luckily, the organiser knew what bait I had with me but that could have cost me the festival and why? When I broke the match record on the second day of the festival, I found out that he said I fished it wrong. Yes, like as if???? That is the sort that I don't like.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Guess I am lucky. A person would have to be not only an idiot but also a great swimmer to annoy me - or else have a boat that was faster than mine.

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
hi.
once i sat fishing when someone came to tell me that he knew all about the river and went on to tell me all about it i asked alot of qustions &suppressed myself at his replies this went on for an hour then the bloke started setting up 2pegs away when he first cast in i went over to him showed him my baillifs i.d. & asked to see his book
the look on his face had been worth the last hour.
As atop up ieven sold him a day ticket.
tight lines.
martin.

Thomas Bates

HI EVERYONE

hi jel replying to ure bankside pest ? i was on holiday once and i was just cathing little ones all day . there was a man carping next to me with four rods out which i ythought was a bit ridiculous!!!
he came over to me moaning a little that he had not had a run allday on either of his four rods ! he said to me do u fancy cathcing a big one . i said yeah 1 so he set me up this tench rig and told me wot to do and the story of him using this tactic he was very helpfull it was really exciting seeing the bubbles come up under my float but unfortunatllay i didnt get one ithink he was one of an hand full who helps ! ther are some who dont talk even if u ask a question ther the ones who arnt catching either !!!!! hope i will hear one of your storys . wit kind of fishing do u do and where? hope to hear from u soon !

thomasbates

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Hi Thomas and welcome.

Glad you met someone nice even if you didn't catch.

4 rods - is that too many or too few do you think?

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Thomas welcome to the forums,

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Thomas Bates

quote:
Hi Thomas welcome to the forums,

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

YES

thomasbates

jel

HI THOMAS, AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, I MAINLY FISH IN THE ESSEX AREA MOSTLY FEEDER AND SOMETIMES STICK FLOAT. RIVERS, LAKES, RESEVOIRS ANYTHING AS LONG AS THERE'S FISH? MY BEST STORY ON THE SUBJECT OF THE BANKSIDE PEST WOULD HAVE TO BE A GUY WHO CAME TO TALK TO ME AS PEOPLE DO, HE STOOD RIGHT BESIDE MY ROD SO EVEN IF I GOT A BITE I COULDN'T STRIKE, AFTER HE GOT THE HINT HE MOVED BACK TO ALLOW ME TO RE-CAST, THEN MOVED BACK BEHIND MY ROD. HE ASKED ME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LAKE THAT I WAS FISHING WHICH I ANSWERED TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, HE WAS GETTING TO BE A BIT OF A PAIN AND WHEN I HAD A BITE AND MISSED IT HE CRITISISED ME FOR BEING SLOW, STILL TRYING TO BE POLITE I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS FISHING TODAY, HE REPLIED "NO I AM NOT A FISHERMAN, I JUST LIKE TO WATCH"; THEN AFTER SMOKING TWO OF MY CIGARETTES HE DECIDED TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT GUY ABOUT 50 METRES AWAY, AS HE WALKED AWAY I SORT OF WONDERED WHICH ONE OF US WAS THE IDIOT?

j white

Thomas Bates

hi
Newt Vail

i can understand two or maybe 3 but FOUR ithink is alittle over the top for such a little lake .
what is your opinon >?
how many do u usally use in a session?

thomas

thomasbates

Thomas i noticed you'd posted this reply twice so i've deleted one of them for you.
If your replies don't show when you've posted them remember to refresh your browser before you try to reply again ok?
Alan (Trogg)

Edited by - Trogg on 06 February 2002 10:07:22 PM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Thomas & welcome to the forums (bit late i know)

Newt wouldn't know what to do with four rods cos he's only a simple redneck from the states
If you gave him more than one rod he'd be lost cos he wouldn't have the room for four on his little boat.

Me i'm quite happy to use two rods but most the time i use just the one.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If its got gills n a tail i'll TRY to catch it

I'm not a single species angler i,m quite happy to catch anything but if i was to target one species it would have to be the Tinca Tinca.

I normally use two rods when i'm on a still water venue one will be on ledger & the other will be on float.

Now if you wanna talk about having four rods.........................
RIK (Big Rik now there's a chap who'll know about using multi rod setups

Bankside pests

The biggest pest we ever met was the youth who stood behind Dian & tried telling her how to fish.
he was stood on the high ground behind Dian so he was within line of sight for the fish ,he kept jumping up & down saying "strike now" in the end Dian had enough & not so politley told him to go away

He then got mouthy with her so i had to wind in (which pi***d me off even more) & go over to have a word with the lad, it went summat like this.

Me "whats the problem mate"
Him "oh its alright i'm just trying to help out this stupid girl & she's ignoring what i'm telling her"
me " well maybe she knows how to fish"
Him "don't be stupid its a girl"
me " do you know who i am?"
him "no why?"
me "I'm the midlands overall champion for 5 years running"(ok so i lied)
him "great so you try & teach her then cos she won't listen to me"
Me " I already have she's my wife & she's also the womens champion for the past two years"

Him "oh right erm sorry i didn't know"

me "if you're so good at fishing how come you keep making loads of noise & you're stood in the line of sight for the feeding fish waving your arms around??"

Him "erm sorry i've got to go now see ya"

Dian & Me "Pr**k"

(on the other hand the guys pic was in the local paper a few weeks later he was a member of a team that had won on overall points in the local competition)

Alan
You've just been moderated

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Thomas - don't listen to the fella. I can so fish 2 rods at once. Sorta. If the fish aren't biting.

Trogg - I will have you know that my boat has 2 rod holders near the bow with one on either side. Why once I even put rods in both of them at the same time.!!! Course I was a little nervous. Little bitty lake that couldn't have been much over 50-75 acres or some such and barely big enough to make a boat worth while. Still, I figured if I didn't use the boat I would have to carry all that stuff to the bank and then back to my truck later. Nope, boat for sure.

To make matters more complicated I was using my long rods at the time. 9ft monsters from Abu they were.

Next time you get some idiot bothering you or your lady, just walk up and say something polite like "Buddy, if you don't move along, I will squeeze your head like it was a pimple".

Newt Vail

waxlion1

Hi

The worst case of bank side pests Ive ever encountered was when two little lads where fishing and doing OK, when up came three or four teenagers and started to harass them.

So I walked over asked if everything was ok with the two boys when the three or four lads started to get abusive and started to swear at me and the two young boys.

This Pi***d me off some, so I just told them that if you dont bugger off now Ill kick your arse so high that youll need to lift your shirt to s**t

They went quite quickly and the two boys continued to enjoy the day.

You dont need fools like them around!..

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
waxlion1 - you did well and mainly, I think, because you spoke the universal language of teenage boys.

Newt Vail

jel

NICE ONE NEWT ! ITS VERY REASURING TO KNOW ITS NOT JUST
A BRITISH THING "NUFF RESPECT" JEL. goofy.gif

j white

Status
Not open for further replies.