Bank holiday monday match

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse77

How did it go TK?
"Don't fancy being stuck in a traffic jam?
Trying avoid having a paintbrush thrust in your hand?
Dont fancy the missus walking you round that car boot?
Come and join us on a knock up on the Curley Wyrley"
I'll never listen to the old gits advice again!!!!!!!!

Well, where do I start.
With the weather forecast predicting rain overnight then clearing I was happy that the sun was breaking through the rain clouds as I loaded the car with tackle including a sack of fishmeal ground bait, 3 pints of pellets and a pint and half of Bilston angling centres finest Casters. By the time Id met up with Daylewlia off maggotdrowning there was a slight drizzle that had stopped by the time we started pegging out, after talking to a pleasure angler who had witnessed a 100lb catch of tench catch two days previous I was raring to get at them.

By the time we got back to the draw the motley crew had starting assembling, in fact I thought we were at the wrong bridge because it looked more like an audition for a horror film than a fishing match

whilst waiting on the bridge a bream rolled in the peg on the junction, well actually it floated to the top, rolled over and died, there was obviously so many there that there was not enough oxygen to go round...then with 2 minutes left it happened..du du du..du du du dorrr dor du du (music from the omen)....was it an apparition?....no...the man known only as "Fert" had arrived...once thought of as just a mystical beast it quickly transpired after the all in that the man named "Fert" was indeed a real monster....a ground bait monster.....the sky darkened and the rain began to fall.....Heavily...before it got heavier and with stronger winds.

With the peggers out drawing 1st (me and Daylewlia)I wanted to draw on the junction but I was not that disappointed when I drew peg11 due to it having a bigger than average reed bed opposite. The favoured peg 7 on the junction had been drawn as expected by Yamo, all the talk was WHO would be 2nd.

with only pellets and casters It did not take long to get ready, two pellet rigs with 0.14 bottoms and two caster rigs with 0.10 bottoms were set up to deal with the resident slimies,at the all in the 1st line fed was 11m into 2 1/2 ft of water with 3 balls of fairly dry fishmeal ground bait......I watched them float for a couple of seconds then sink to the bottom....yes I did say it correctly.... because after 5 hours I could still see them looking oh so fishless on the bottom. After a bite less first hour I went for a walk and it became obvious that the only people catching were using bread and feeding small amounts of liccy.I had taken the scales so I had two options:
1: I could keep doing the same and hope for a couple of bonus fish.
2:I could get a top kit out with light elastic and fish a casters brain on a 26 hook over a bit of sloppy ground bait.thinking about it there was a third option I could have put my own brain on if I have got any 28 hooks!

With the wind blowing and the rain coming down in buckets I decided to choose option 1 which meant I could snuggle whilst holding the pole, this was too be disturbed twice by a Rudd and a roach interrupting me by making my float go under and with 40 minutes left the white flag came out and the tackle was returning to the car and the weigh in commenced.

1st to weigh was Cotti the Warburtons fanatic who put 3-11-8 of small roach with a couple of bonus 6oz skimmers on the scales despite losing a bream that could have doubled his weight,next was Vesti who had a 3lb tench to go with a few little roach for a total of 3-7-0 but had left 4 tench in the cut! Jagman the local had retired early to watch the baggies fans crying in their beer.Heinzer then put 1-9-12 on the scales despite losing time having to take shaun home, Ball it in Brambles had not had a bite so failed to trouble the now half dry scalesman. It appeared that Cotti was now home and dry (apart from he was wet through) and it was confirmed when Yamo had cocked the flyer up.

1 Shaunie davies - DNW (retired with a hangover) LOL
2 Cotti 3-11-8 (lost his bream)
3 Vesti 3-7-0 (lost 3 tench but had one)
4 Jagman - DNW - caster daint work
5 heinzer 1-9-12 might have had a few more if he hadnt taken the hangover kid home half way thru
6 Brian Brambles - DNW
7 Yamo 0.12.10 - mesmerised by Ferts feeding and totally outgunned and overawed by young Fert
8 Fert the legend 1.5.9
9 TK 2.0.3
10 Daylewlia 2 fish
11 Woodmouse 2 fish
12 Zorro 2 fish
13 Brambles jnr

Thanks for organising it TK.
Just a pity the gods of weather had gone on holiday.

T K

Bum Draw Master
Well that was worth the wait Chockie Monster [:D] A fantastic write up [:D] If the Sunday Times (or MF) gets wind of you you can give up the day job

I just had to change the underwear after loffin so much [:D][:D][:D]

The only omission for the record - and this is not a criticism - the pennies went ......

Cotti 25 for 1st and 2 sections of 20 to Vesti and BDM

So I retired to the pub 40 sovs better off (where JK spent it) and I finally put my jumper on to thaw out........

Seriously though for any readers who don't know the venue the anticipated weights 20/40lb etc had been dwarfed in the days leading upto this grueller by megga weights,..........................but the Curse struck again

But dow blame me.......Yamo suggested the knock up after the excitement of converting from the commercials to the cut with some good bags on the Curley Wyrley

That bream in Yamo's cock peg before the off must have been an omen........

Mind Heinzer said he'd got em rolling in his but couldn't tempt em.

The only thing rolling in my peg was me through loffing.

Shame about the weather , [:(] I'm sure we would have had a bit more banter if we could have peered from under our brollies or had a minutes respite from the deluge

All I need now is for someone to back me up and to convince the masses reading this report that there are some fish in there - or we'll never stand a chance of other MD'ers joining us on another sally.

Hope Fert enjoyed it after worrying me off the next peg - sure he'll be up for it again after claiming all them other scalps thumbsup.gif

me

ABOUT F*$%ING TIME MOUSE. Id nearly forgotten about the match [:p] Not a bad write up for someone with dyslexia [:D][:D][:D]

YAMO

fert gettin some practice in are ya? let us know how u get on mate?where u went and what you caught.

you'll need some practice cos next time ill beat ya..lol [:p]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Originally posted by FERT

i enjoyed it going cnal fishing agasin tommorow

Fert - glad you enjoyed it mate. If you want to keep on top of the game (and make sure that Yamo doesn't get his revenge [:D])the best advice I can give is analyse your performance after every outing and try to learn at least one thing from the outing..........why this happend/what that didn't happen/how you may have been able to make it happen/what else you could have done differently in response to the day.......and make sure you use that piece of info at the appropriate time
We all had to learn but it's a question whether we recognise it at the time....... and we never stop learning - even old gits like me thumbsup.gif

YAMO

you should be giving me the tips tk, i was blown away

'you know when you've been fertilised'

think i might need counselling

mouse77

I reckon the next match should be on the tame valley....Fert's HOME venue....

Simple

Sikea
Originally posted by mouse77

I reckon the next match should be on the tame valley....Fert's HOME venue....

If 20 turn up, he has a fair chance of getting his top kit back [:p]

FERT

i could arrange one on the tame valley perry barr or the birmingham and fazely canal

mouse77

i could arrange one on the tame valley perry barr or the birmingham and fazely canal

I was thinking more of hill top...we can kick the pleasure anglers off the best pegs then.

T K

Bum Draw Master

Put a post up Fert - suggest a date and time - and see if there's enough takers - obviously it'll depend on MD'ers other commitments whether it gets off the ground - and anticipate a 30% plus 'no show' from 'interested' parties

ps......I need some top info off you (but I won't tell Yamo) [:D]

Last edited:

T K

Bum Draw Master
Well heres a posting off Jagman - I'm pretty sure he's refering to Simon Nickless who's done a few big big big bags off there over the last couple of weeks [^][^][^]

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1180807410

Status
Not open for further replies.