Bands

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Hair-rigged or not?

Probably been done to death on here before but fads and opinions do change.
So whats your preferred method?
Lately I've been putting the hook through the band wall rather than using a hair-rig when using 4mm or 6mm pellet on the pole. Probably better results, especially with F1's shallow.

Dusty

Hair-rigged or not?

Probably been done to death on here before but fads and opinions do change.
So whats your preferred method?
Lately I've been putting the hook through the band wall rather than using a hair-rig when using 4mm or 6mm pellet on the pole. Probably better results, especially with F1's shallow.

All of mine are hair rigged.

Gwillim

On the hook if up in the water wagging or on the pole, hair rigged if on the feeder or bomb

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
depends totally on the target species....banded direct to hook works well for F1's but I foul hook more carp.

tied in a loop on a hair I get better hook ups but have reverted to direct hooking if I broke the band :sneaky::p:cool:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
On the hook mostly up in the water/pellet waggler using the Maver Bow Tie bands that I like, anything else on a hair but more often than not pulling the band through the bait and using it as a stop rather than a band.
If I fished hard pellet more on the pole with small hooks that would be on a hair too but prefer a lasso.