Banagher - Late June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
I am thinking of my first trip to Ireland and Banagher has been recommended to me as a good first time venue. Before I book does anyone else have any views or can you tell me a bit about Banagher.

TIA

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

martin.

Account Locked
hi poles
cant say i know anything about banagher but for a first trip to ireland you could try belturbet theres a lot of the MDs going over in the next few weeks so you would get the best & most up to date info possible what could be better

tight lines.
martin.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another one with a bl***** lizard on his signature. Can we block it please.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

G

Gotta agree with Martin on the one Nick, Belturbet is a cracking place, as is Ballyconnel.

Geoff that flag looks like something i have got in my grubby mitts.icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif
Now we dont want any of this at Semmer bash.gif .(LoL)

Andy
bear1.gif
i'm going fishing

martin.

Account Locked
i think the dragon looks great we should all use it in our sig.lol lol just for goeff

tight lines.
martin.

wuffie

We are going there in september to fish the festival.Try www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/banagher.htm This site has almost daily reports plus places to stay,pubs,etc.

Edited by - wuffie on 28 May 2002 8:15:28 PM

scales

Vinny
Hello Poles, I have been to Banagher fishing a couple of times and thoroughly recommend it. The match stetch at Meelick and Bullock Island are a couple of my favorite venues there. Then you have the Hot water stretch at Shannonbridge which is'nt far away for big Tench, plus the Grand Canal at Poolagh for a different type of fishing. The town itself is very nice and you must try Johnny Hough's bar on a Fri or Sat night. There is a bait stockist at the Old Forge guesthouse. Though mainly river fishing in this area it is well worth a visit.

Cheers mate,

Scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.