Ban on petrol and diesel lorries

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
We will end up with whatever politicians have bought shares in.

Be nice to know how many politicians are now selling their shares in PPE companies to invest in leccy vehicle companies right now. I wonder if Hancock and his sister have jumped ship yet ? Same with Gove and Cummings. Don’t you just love an honest politician.

Rant over. 🤣

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I know very little about electric cars but, I’ll tell you what, those Tesla things can shift. One accelerated past me the other day like I was stood. Very quick.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I know very little about electric cars but, I’ll tell you what, those Tesla things can shift. One accelerated past me the other day like I was stood. Very quick.
Scalextric cars are quick.
once drove the 1st few Nissan Leaf. Like 💩off a stick.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
The Chinese,Russian,Indian and third world countries governments must be pi**ing themselves laughing at us as I can't see them stopping burning fossil fuels anytime soon.
Exactly , I know every little bit helps but with 3 Billion people in China and India combined it's seems like Peeing Into the Wind , when they will just carry on as normal

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Isn't the figure that Britain produces 2 % of the world's carbon emissions?

And could the future for HGV's be hydrogen not electric.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
We will end up with whatever politicians have bought shares in.

Be nice to know how many politicians are now selling their shares in PPE companies to invest in leccy vehicle companies right now. I wonder if Hancock and his sister have jumped ship yet ? Same with Gove and Cummings. Don’t you just love an honest politician.

Rant over. 🤣
Nothing stopping you making the same investment decisions.

spooky1966

Site Supporter
i am wondering what happens on the motorway when you run out of juice. do you walk to the nearest station and bring back a can of electricity ?

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
So, if the motorway system is to be arrayed with overhead wires to connect to pantographs installed on the trucks roof, what happens when you get off the boat in Calais?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Hydrogen will start to make an appearance, JCB are already developing hydrogen vehicles and battery ones but hydrogen is looking more effective at the moment.