Bala, Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam_s_101

I am going camping to Bala in Wales next week for about 5 days. Of course I will be taking my gear with me, but I was just wondering what the lake is like? Can it be fished with a day ticket?

If so, is it any good? Tried to find info online but cant seem to pull anything up

rjones59

hi Adam. never fished it but been there plenty of times with friends. the lake is huge, second biggest in Wales I believe. about a mile long and 1/4 mile wide.

it's 3 a day on the bank as far as I know. plenty of roach perch and pike, the odd grayling out of the dee, not sure what else. I think the town end of the lake is supposed to be best. stand on the bridge where the river dee starts and you will see hundreds of dace if it's hot.

heard of 3lb perch in there.

alternatively the dee is day ticket too but I wouldn't know whether it's ticket in advance or not. best bet is to go on the grayling hunter website, I'm sure there's a list of dee stretches and owners on there.

best of luck! and please post a report even if you don't do too well!

adam_s_101

Hi, thanks for the info. I managed to find a thread on here saying that there are plenty of pike, might target them. If that's not doing then I'll have a go for the roach

mtwales

if its roach your after best spot on the lake is on railway side,drive through bala and follow lake all way round,park in laybye you will see railway track fish in front of lifebouy good chuck on feeder with long tail 4-5ft,when fish on wind em in lose a few on ledge otherwise,

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
and watch out for Teggie [;)]

I used to fish the river just behind the fire station when we used to pull onto the first carpark on the left as you come over the bridge into the town but i haven't been there for years (apart from driving through on my way to porthmadog) so i couldn't even guess how the fishing is now.

dsr1

Originally posted by adam_s_101

I am going camping to Bala in Wales next week for about 5 days. Of course I will be taking my gear with me, but I was just wondering what the lake is like? Can it be fished with a day ticket?

If so, is it any good? Tried to find info online but cant seem to pull anything up

Try this website for all info on Lake Bala (lake Tegid) - http://www.balaangling.co.uk/

David

paulod

Site Supporter
I can remember staying in Bala one October Half-Term and having a go on the lake. Can't remember where I got the ticket, but it was a long chuck with a feeder to find any depth (picked the spot at random, so it was probably wrong), but I remember catching a grayling, from a lake!![:)]

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by mtwales

if its roach your after best spot on the lake is on railway side,drive through bala and follow lake all way round,park in laybye you will see railway track fish in front of lifebouy good chuck on feeder with long tail 4-5ft,when fish on wind em in lose a few on ledge otherwise,

is this what they call the match lenght, sounds like the place we fish, caught grayling from this part of the lake and in the mouth of the river. not been for ages think its time for a ride up soon[:W]

Status
Not open for further replies.