Baiting for overnight fishing

maggot_caster

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice, imn not a hardcore carp fisherman by any strech, prefer other speicies to catch, but occasiaonally I will go for an overnight session with a couple of rods. My main issue is I have no idea how much I should be baiting, I have had mixed success with overnight fishing for carp, although it is quite a hard core syndicate I go to so they are not necessarily the easiest ones to catch either.

I always fish to rods opposite sides of the swim usualy one close in and one far out both with bolt rigs.

This time I am going to try slid PVA bags and wafter baits. but again how much should I feed? Always feel stupid checking loads of boilies in feeling ti just fills the carp up?!
Hence the inline Solid PVA bag method, nice small pile of bait and a hook! but should I feed the swim too seperately and how much?

I bought a korda krusher and some glugs to crumb up some boilies and mix them with the glug to make a highlighy attractive yet not "filling" fish attracter with my popup sitting above it, whats everyones thoughts?

Silver fan 82

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice, imn not a hardcore carp fisherman by any strech, prefer other speicies to catch, but occasiaonally I will go for an overnight session with a couple of rods. My main issue is I have no idea how much I should be baiting, I have had mixed success with overnight fishing for carp, although it is quite a hard core syndicate I go to so they are not necessarily the easiest ones to catch either.

I always fish to rods opposite sides of the swim usualy one close in and one far out both with bolt rigs.

This time I am going to try slid PVA bags and wafter baits. but again how much should I feed? Always feel stupid checking loads of boilies in feeling ti just fills the carp up?!
Hence the inline Solid PVA bag method, nice small pile of bait and a hook! but should I feed the swim too seperately and how much?

I bought a korda krusher and some glugs to crumb up some boilies and mix them with the glug to make a highlighy attractive yet not "filling" fish attracter with my popup sitting above it, whats everyones thoughts?
It is a tough one IMO.
PVA bags are great as you know you have some loose feed around your hook ait and they add great anti tangle properties to your rig.
In winter I would say your approach would be spot on.
This time of year they are going to be feeding alot more.
I'm personally not a fan of feeding loads as I want to catch em not feed em too much.
If it were me I would start with maybe 4 or 5 catapults over each rod and feel your way in from there. Also try and make your hookbait more appealing than your loose feed.
If possible see how others are feeding?
It is a tough one though as it can differ from water to water, even day to day. Do you know the stock levels of the lake?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The way I attack a fishery like that is to use PVA bag on one rod, and a PVA 'sock' or tea bag on the other, swapping the tea bag for stringers every other cast. Don't use the same baits on both rods as you need to find out what they are taking. I would go sweet/fruity on one rod (PVA bag) and swap between fishy/spicy on the other. Once you've found the right baits then you can put both rods on that bait and maximize your chances.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
If you are using solid pva bags no other bait is needed... the bag is the baiting method... be aware that using solid bags is usually a searching method, so regular casting is the way

maggot_caster

If you are using solid pva bags no other bait is needed... the bag is the baiting method... be aware that using solid bags is usually a searching method, so regular casting is the way
How often are you casting would you say?

maggot_caster

It is a tough one IMO.
PVA bags are great as you know you have some loose feed around your hook ait and they add great anti tangle properties to your rig.
In winter I would say your approach would be spot on.
This time of year they are going to be feeding alot more.
I'm personally not a fan of feeding loads as I want to catch em not feed em too much.
If it were me I would start with maybe 4 or 5 catapults over each rod and feel your way in from there. Also try and make your hookbait more appealing than your loose feed.
If possible see how others are feeding?
It is a tough one though as it can differ from water to water, even day to day. Do you know the stock levels of the lake?
Thanks for your reply, and the reassurance that I am roughly on the right lines :)