i wonder how many of you know
if you leave your hook baited in the water
and leave your peg you can be prosecuted by
the EA bailifs (if you see one that is)
i was warned the last time i saw one
tightlines dave (scouse)

MALC

Hi Dave,
As well as breaking the EA's law it is also breaking the NFA match rule's in a match, with out the aspect of fish safty and the high risk of losing your gear to a fish taking your bait.
At places like Drayton Res even when you rest your rod across your kneas when feeder fishing i've seen rods pulled in the drink.
So never leave your rods baited and unattended in the water.
MALC

bards

I wasn't aware of this mate, but clearly several of the carp 'specimen hunters' who I share a club water with after the 1st of October (1 rod only rule up to then!!)are aware of an exception that we aren't.

Sorry that I can't quote the actual bylaw reference number but apparently it clearly states that

'provided the rods are positioned in a suitable rod pod(3 max)with pre-requisite bite alarms set to max volume then it is perfectly legal to wander to the furthermost corners of the fishery for whatever purpose, however upon hearing said bite alarm wail then you are obliged to immediately return to your peg in the style of a herd of stampeeding buffalo, thereby destroying margin swims of all pole and running line anglers in your wake.
Upon your return you must raise rod and retieve the 50 metres plus of line that the startled creature has liberated and pump said creature to within 3 yards of the bank where having had the opportunity to gauge its size, release reel clutch in order to make a exaggerated fight of it before 10 mins later swamping the fish in the largest landing net known to mankind'

I hope this helps
Happy Xmas fellow anglers
Bards

p.s. I do carp fish but choose not to take advantage of said rule exemption!!

o

Status
Not open for further replies.