Bait tech 4mm expander pellets prep

CJPWHU96

Hi all
Hope everyone is well.
matter the announcement from AT I am planning on going fishing Sunday. Unfortunately with tackle shops shut it’s unlikely I’ll get my hands on some maggots! However I have some 4mm expander pellets, I used these once but I believe I prepped them wrong. I do not have a bait pump currently. I put them in a small pot with a push on lid covered cold water and left in the fridge over night, when I got to my peg and tried to pick some up they was very fluffy and like mush... I didn’t even attempt to use them on the hook. I threw some in and they floated also... how can I do them properly please? Do I need some of them clear plastic sandwich bags and put them in there? How long do I leave them in the cold water for also?
TIA & tight lines
Cameron

Attachments

• B8D4BCF5-705D-40B3-853E-61C95BAC6B31.png
    B8D4BCF5-705D-40B3-853E-61C95BAC6B31.png
    180 KB · Views: 0

baggy

Mark Saunders
i don’t think you have done anything wrong, I don’t pump expanders and use the same technique that you did. When you open the bag keep them in water, if they float give them a gentle squeeze before putting on the hook that is perfect

tysontim

Site Supporter
My favourite pellet, I just put enough water in to cover them (I find to much water does turn them mushy))and leave in the fridge overnight, as regards floating do as baggy said give them a gentle squeeze and they will sink.

Marker50

Site Supporter
There is a pellets video on utube.
He says as a tip if you squeeze a expander it will pop up like a cork 🤔

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
Pour in a sandwich bag. Add the same amount of water. Twist tight so that they can't expand too much. Leave in fridge over night. On the bank slightly squeeze each pellet to sink 👍🏻

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i binned all my bait tech expanders, they always turned to mush on me, prep as per what is written above but ensure you only just cover them with water when in the bag but good luck as i tried that and still had the same results, i use Sonu ones now and even the 2mm ones come out perfect with teh bag method