Bait restrictions at Moorlands Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conker1971

Help me all please.
I am fishing a match at Moorlands Farm on 11th September 2003 and having never fished the venue before i am unsure as to the bait limits and restrictions.
Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Conker

Tight lines one and all !!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mark,
Have a look Here.
There is a contact number at the top,they should be able to let you know the latest info and bait restrictions.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

bart4real

At the moment Moorlands is fishing very well but it depends on which lakes you are fishing on the day which will make the difference. Meadow pool is the most consistent but the bait restrictions are there for a good reason. I would leave the pellets and go for a corn and meat approach. The bait limit is around five pints per match so really you want about three tins of corn and two tins of meat. Fish corn on the deck on the 4 metre line and feed it by hand. After the first two hours the fish tend to come shallow so it pays to keep your meat for fishing up in the water at 12-16 metres

Personally, I would just attack the peg with the straight lead and meat on the 12 metre line. Feed corn until the fish arrive and then stop feeding until the bites stop. You may still need to fish up in the water over this line towards the end but the fish are twice the sizde so it is worth doing it. This is a consistent approach for me and it may feature heavily in the King of Tons match there on Saturday...we will see! Pellets have only caused anglers confusion there this year because of the amount of foulhookers you get. Target weights are between 80 and 100lb to win and 60-70 for a section win. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.