Bait options please?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Maggot, whilst introducing some caster, if they want caster then great, you may pick out a better stamp. If they don't, then you still have your maggot, as will most fish anytime of the year.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It’s just fishing, the fish are bigger that’s all.
What size hooklengths will you brave at viaduct ,fish are monsters in there lol. Cant wait until you christen pole properly , i was thinking .15 max and 15 elastic max and just take time in landing them.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
What size hooklengths will you brave at viaduct ,fish are monsters in there lol. Cant wait until you christen pole properly , i was thinking .15 max and 15 elastic max and just take time in landing them.
Not sure yet, thinking 0.17 and 15 elastic, I need to see what other topkits are available, ones a bit stronger to go with the power partner. I am going to have a couple of trips out before matches start just to get a feel of it with some carp.

robert d

Site Supporter
Not sure yet, thinking 0.17 and 15 elastic, I need to see what other topkits are available, ones a bit stronger to go with the power partner. I am going to have a couple of trips out before matches start just to get a feel of it with some carp.
I felt the top kit on the partner ,feels a lot stronger , i was thinking maybe use partner upto 13m on waters with huge fish , maybe get a few more partner topkits .

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Well the good thing about pellets is if you start on them, they’re an instant bait, so you soon know if the fish don’t want them, and you can change over to maggots...No good starting on maggots and switching to pellets it just doesn’t work, unless you start a new line up 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well there's something I've learned today, I never knew that!

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Cant wait , what you got a tent or camper . My son said i can lend me his bigger van ,i was going to put blow up bed in . Or i can get a cheap tent ⛺
I bought a little two man tent from Halfords for £20...big enough for a blow up mattress. At the end of the day, you don't spend much time in it, only to sleep.

robert d

Site Supporter
I bought a little two man tent from Halfords for £20...big enough for a blow up mattress. At the end of the day, you don't spend much time in it, only to sleep.
Cheers landlord ive seen some in argos to , i will look at the halford ones 👍 😀

pies

Site Supporter
Well that was a weird day. Some on the lake were catching on corn. Some could only catch on pellet. Some, mainly me could only catch on maggot.
hopefully that will make bait choice easier for tomorrow 😂