Bait Droppers

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Well my bait dropper arrived today. Refreshing my memory of what the river is like today, I doubt I will use it there much but it might come in useful elsewhere. Not to worry though. I like to experiment with different things at this place. I will probably file this under failed experiment like Paste and PVA Bags also tried there.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I bought a large Kodex one to get a large amount of feed in quickly, used with a spod rod and reel as it was very heavy full. First lob in, wound back and thought "this feels heavy", and found the dropper still full. The weight of it had bent the bar the weight is fixed to, so it wouldn't open. Straight in the bin.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I can see me using this off the rod tip on slower deeper stretches but on the weir it will all just get washed away in an instant. I put it down to this weir not having much of a drop at sill and just rolling through in a torrent. Float fishing there is an ongoing project, having to learn every nook and cranny to make it easy for myself, but a simple maggot feeder seems to remain to the easiest way. But it's fun to experiment so I will at least try the dropper there.