bait companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing_mad

hi fellow md's,
Do any off you know any bait companies wanting bait/feild testers. hoping that someone does,

Datafile3.asp

Fishing Mad[:)]

joe32

You could try Tails Up,They are always looking for field testers,But it depends on what level of field testing you are after,very few companies give away bait apart from a few trusted anglers who they know will give decent feedback on the bait.
Most bait companies will take on level three or four testers which means you just get the new bait a few months or weeks before it goes on sale to all and sundry for a slightly cheaper price.If thats what your looking for try Gary Bayes at Nash bait or as I said earlier Jim at Tails Up,I know that Tails up will only take you on after you have bought a minimum of 10 kg.
It also depends a lot on the water you are fishing and if you can demonstrate that you can catch a few fish aswell as have enough experience to know when the bait is a dud.
Also field testing a bait in the very early stages can be soul destroying haveing to stay on a bait and give it a fair trial when all around are bagging up on another bait.
But good luck with finding a company as it can be very rewarding sometimes.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

fishing_mad

oh ok i may contact both of them seeing as i am only 14 they may not take me on.

Datafile3.asp

joe32

Can I just ask,Was it the lure of cheap or free bait that pursueded you to look into field testing.If so there are plenty of good quality well priced base mixes and rolled baits available.
But as you are a junior give them both a try,I will also have a word with a few people I know who are involved in the bait idustry and see what I can find out for you,The very worst they can say is no but they might say yes so what have you got to lose.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Last edited:

fishing_mad

i am not after free bait i just want to get a name for myself in the fishing world and if i start testing bait and fishing matches maybe i will.
The free bait is just na perk and i am not bothered about not catching all the time and that its all in a days FISHING.

Datafile3.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.