Bait Collection ( Sea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirral

Hi All,
Trog has aked be to put this up to show what can be done with a little bit of help from other anglers ............
English Nature have applied to the local council to have the North Wirral coast placed under a scheme known as " An area of specail Scenintific Interest" they also planned on restricting Bait Collection from the foreshore..... (This go's on a bit but worth reading) HONEST !!!, what they didn't plan for was the I as webmaster of the largest web site in the North West would pick up on their plans and challange them !, rather than write it all here " TROG" has asked me to direct you to my site the url is http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk the full story can be followed from the front page, but it really does go to show that if we stick together than alot can be achieved in a short space of time. It took only 3 days for them to back down !
Best Regards
Chris

Ps get be a banner so that this site can be added to my links page

visit the North West's largest sea fishing web site :- www.wirralseafishing.co.uk

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Wirral and welcome to the forums,

You want a banner? here you go >> http://www.maggotdrowning.com/linkto_us.htm

I'll include you in our links page

Regards, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Wirral - good to see you over here.

And a great job on that "No Bait Collecting" idiocy that was about to happen.

Now that you are here, maybe the occasional other poster will feel free to admit he/she has seen some sea water at some point and maybe you can guide us on fishing in that large pond. :D

Newt Vail

Wirral

Newt,
glad to help anybody on the big pond stuff, sorry though I am no expert but will always give it a shot, the bait collection thing, well I had to fight that, regardless of my knowledge of the law and so on. I had also contacted are local council as they were meeting to discuss the very matter itself, Dunno what happened but I asked for the leader of the council Mr foulkes and he was unavailable ( Not Suprised) but after my explenation to the person on the other end of the phone and directing them to the site, it was less than 10mins befor the leader of the council phoned me back and called an emergency meeting to discuss English Nature's proposels and low and behold - 7pm that night I recieved the reply from English Nature.. the rest as they say is history !!

visit the North West's largest sea fishing web site :- www.wirralseafishing.co.uk

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good for you mate

Amazing what can be achived when anglers actually believe in that magic little word UNITY

Maybe this will filter back to the anti's & they'll think twice about messing with us when we tell them we've got our mate from the wirral in the front line LOL

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.