Bairunners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlythMags

I'm looking to get into carp angling and would like some advice on reels.

Is it important to use bairunners or can you simply use normal fixed spool reels?

Any suggestions for cheap carp rods?

Badger Classics are doing a 3 rod, reel, pod, buzzer deal for 200 - what do you think of this?

Thanks

Alan

joe1987

'Darwener'
not seen the badger deal but i would reccomend a baitrunner although it is not completely nesercary. The okuma baitrunners are getting great reports all round the interceptor and the dynadrags. Cheap but both look top quality and I have just bought the interceptor 450 and cannot fault it real smooth but havent had chance to test it yet. As for rods theres loads on the market but im afraid i cant speak from experience, i liked the look of the abu enticer, the nash outlaw range and Tiny offered me a diawa powermesh at a great price but i was too late and it was gone great rod but very expensive.

*)*Joey*(*

kingkarper

try interceptor reels(okuma) 90 quid for three, ron thompson pod with buzzer bars 29 quid 3x steadfast bite alarms around 45 quid for three catana 2.5 tc carp rods for and 90 quid for three but i would reccomend 2 rods so for 2 rods the total would be 179 quid for a 2 rod setup and 254 four for three rod setup. you can get the rods from index and the bite alarms from argos all the rest you can get from westgate anglers bradford the number is 01274729570 also if you do get a setup i would reccomend getting some bobbins and with this rod pod you get these free. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU GET CHEAP TACKLE IT WILL MEAN BUYING AGAIN SO YOU MIGHT ASWELL GET TOP QAULITY RODS SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY AGAIN.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you've got a credit card i would suggest taking a look at Askari i've ordered stuff from them & at the prices they charge you really can't go wrong.

Bite alarms from 3 !!!
Bait runner type reels from around 10

If there's nowt on there to take your fancy then i would strongly reccomend Badger

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.