bail arm/spring for a daiwa 3012 reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
can anyone tell me where i can get a bail arm or spring for the daiwa 3012 whisker fishing reel?

pete

hellsbells

Ask your local tackle shop, they will be able to order one from Daiwa. The last one i got they sent free of charge.

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
hi,tried ringing daiwa and they want proof of purchase,i got the reel second hand,so thats that.[:(!]

Dogsbody

Originally posted by crayfishtraps

hi,tried ringing daiwa and they want proof of purchase,i got the reel second hand,so thats that.[:(!]

If you ring them, say you want to buy a part, give them the part number and ask how much + postage. Proof of purchase doesnt come into it.
I got a TD Tierra of ebay that was geared for the US market and the line lay was reverse tapered. I phoned daiwa after identifying the parts required from a UK spec reel (Airity) and ordered 3 spool washers. They sold me the parts and they arrived in 4 days.
Give it another go mate[:T]

greentura

Greenie
did i say it would be free[?] they cost pence, a quid or two at most plus postage. did you expect them to give it to you free for a second hand reel[?][:0]

Jessebobs

Steve!
I enquired about buying a bail spring from Browning once and they sent me one for free. Mind you that was a long while ago before they were under the "Zebco" banner and you could actually get in contact with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.