baggin waggler,too early for this technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1LVERBACK

i have never used it before but bought 2 of the floats from ebay (from a fella who was rated by this forum who`s name escapes me)and was wondering if its worth having a go in the morning after my night shift.for 2 reasons basically.

1,i dont want to look a tool during the day time with the big game hunters are out lol.

2,the fish are rolling like mad early doors and i would like to try something new,technique wise.

so what do you think to early or worth a shot? oh and i was thinking of just brown crumb and molasses as a method mix as i only want my hook bait to be the edible item about.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Go for it mate, I caught a net full at Boddington last week on the pellet wag, so there s no reason the Baggin' wag shouldnt work!

Personally I cant get on with it, but its worth a shot.

One thing though,
Wouldnt the mollasses make the ground bait a little too sticky?

I know alot of people who use Green swim stim on its own.

Last edited:

S1LVERBACK

good point mate,maybe i will just try green swimstim on its lonesome and a big juicy boilie (well maybe 12mm lol) thanks for the speedy reply :)

oh and what do you mean by "you cant get on with it" ?

Last edited:

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I just cant seem to get it right mate, never had much success with it, even though all around me are baggin'!! lol

Just one of those things.

12mm seems a bit large, give the ringers white 10mm a try.

pool_fodder

Originally posted by badpegpicker

Go for it mate, I caught a net full at Boddington last week on the pellet wag, so there s no reason the Baggin' wag shouldnt work!

Personally I cant get on with it, but its worth a shot.

One thing though,
Wouldnt the mollasses make the ground bait a little too sticky?

I know alot of people who use Green swim stim on its own.
I have a match at Boddingtons this Saturday, I have just bought some pellet wagglers although I have never used one, have you any tips for me such as:- feed, do you hair rig the pellet? soft pellet or hard? what size hook pellet? how deep did you fish? and anything else that could help me.

Big Mik

I tried this 2 weeks ago, just using small amounts on the feeder, and either corn or pellet as hook bait. I fired out the float 10 times with bait on quickly, as soon as the float starts to get knocks i use less feed or no feed till i started hitting them.

Had an excellent late afternoon, altering the depth slightly if the wind upped, or the sun became covered.
I used same float for distance week after fed three times, then used the float a s a pellet waggler (totally wrong i know) then firing hard pellets over the top.... after a while stop firing pellets in and just cast, but be quick, the first knock is almost instant.

I had never tried either method before, and the second one i fished just 6 inch off top... just watch the swirls and float movement as indication to fish in the swim. I am just gutted i never got out this glorious weekend!

Feed was brown crumb, and van den red feeder mix, loverly and sweet smelling

MALC

Fish DONT READ THE BOOKS so they would never know if it was to late or early to fish ANY STYLE.

Just fish what YOU want and how YOU want and dont dont get clogged down with the will it wont it thought.[;)]

EJAYAR

Good advice there Malc, from someone who I know has ripped up the rule book [:D][:D][:D]

paul d

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
you mean malc actually read the rule book in the first place????[^]
he's the only bloke i know that fishes banana paste in the loca canal in winter!! and caught BIG carp on it!!!![8]

Juzzy

YORKSHIRE BAITS UK
i fished started fishing the pellet waggler 2 weeks ago this year and had well in excess of 100lb+ 5 doubles the biggest being 16lbeforeoz.
8lb main line preston pellet waggler 5lb hook length to 14 hook and hair rigged 6mm pre drilled ant bait pellet,catty 8mm pellet 6/8 every 30 seconds recasting every 2 mins.

Big Mik

once your into a rythm its a nice way to fish, till you wake up next morning!

monkey

Mines a pint
yeah it don't half make your arms hurt the next day.. but what a way to fish

S1LVERBACK

didnt have ANYTHING on it in the morning straight after work BUT been out today and it took about hour and a half to 2 hours and things started picking up.had a few missed bites :( and a fish on that really kicked like a mule when it got close into the bank but that got off to :( strange thing is the hook length etc was in perfect condition but no pellet.i thought the hooklegth might have given out or it was a poor loop i had done.

mangrojack

dont worry mate, its a method that takes time to master.

i cant master it so i stick to the pellet wagg lol

Status
Not open for further replies.