bag up venues

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve wilson

does anyone know of any venues that are called "bag up" venues that you actually go to and bag up.
if so please get in touch with malc and tell him about them so that he can book a match there.
yours extremely interested in the results
steve

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Steve,

Although i share your concerns about Malcs ability to choose venues its not really his fault is it.After all we sort of fished them.Put it down to bad luck on the day,too hot,too cold,wind blowing in the wrong direction(across the lake)who cares.

Anyway he will deduct you 10lb just by virtue of being his travelling companion and for wanton disregard of TED.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

steve wilson

no digs intended especially at my mate malc but wot would happen if
we had a match booked at say ROLFS ,would this place suffer the dreaded bag up curse too . it would be interesting to see wot actually could or would happen

MALC

Keith,

Don't worry about Steve he's just got the dog because he done no good at todays (sunday) match and had to watch me catching from 2 pegs away

Being serious though even i'm starting to wonder why each venue we've been on so far have fished way below the best.

But i must admit that even if the fishing has been either slow or plain bad i have enjoyed each BAGUP MATCH so far and i think that is down to the company on the bank as all the regulars are a good bunch (including the new red head)

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Steve,

Rolfs is a different matter.It seems to fish better later in the day than the mornings.There are hot pegs on them although good sport can be hard on all the pegs.Kev is the man for Rolfs as most weeks he is there he frames,no matter where he draws.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

steve wilson

any chance of booking a match there for our little group.
just a one off . i know me and malc would be very interested.
well i would malc would just jinx it.
see wot you think .
if not it was just a thought

MALC

quote:any chance of booking a match there for our little group.
just a one off

Steve,

Now there's a surprise i could see that you were angling for a match there.
quote: malc would just jinx it.

Proberly not wrong with the above comment though i can just see the headline's if we had a match there.

FIRST EVER MATCH AT ROLF'S FAILS TO PRODUCE
as all anglers
DRY NET
Malc Doyle (the match anglers Jinx) was in attendance

Could the fish in Rolf's handle my ability to stuff up the form on any venue

Seriously though Steve not a bad idea.

Malc

kev coke

The only disadvantage with rolfs is that you cannot book just a few pegs you have to book the whole lake .
Its pole only.
And if malc was to phone and ask if he could book the lake for the malc doyle blanking series well i think that what rolf would say would be unprintable as word has got round malc about the curse.

MALC

KEV,

Looks like i'll just have to fish one of the opens down there and screw up the reputation of ROLF'S Lake

Malc

kev coke

There are 40 pegs on the whole lake and there is no peg fee its just a set amount for the whole lake and i dont know what that price is sorry.
And malc get your butt down to rolfs mate you would love it at the minute its all pellet and paste mate.

AndyA

I posted this somewhere else but I've lost the thread ... what does "bag up" mean ?

MALC

Hi Andy,

In fishing terms BAGGUP means just as it sounds ie a venue where you can go and fill your net with loads of fish.

Various venue's all over the country are known as Baggup waters UNLESS i fish them.

Just ask anyone and they will tell you soon as i go to a water it just switches off.

Malc

steve wilson

a bag up venue is some where you can go and supposidly catch a good "bag" of fish i.e commercial fisheries

AndyA

quote:In fishing terms BAGGUP means just as it sounds ie a venue where you can go and fill your net with loads of fish.

I could use some of those !

Status
Not open for further replies.