Baden Hall & Heronbrook, Staffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter

Morning All,
Possibly one for Trogg or Esox this, but all advice welcome.
Have any of you fished the Baden Hall or Heronbrook Fisheries near Eccleshall, Staffs? They look a bit pricy, but are they worth it, what methods did you use?
Any comments, life stories, naughty jokes etc will be gratefully received. According to the Website Baden Hall has a clubhouse which sells breakfasts, now isn't a fishing rod in one hand and a bacon-butty in the other getting pretty near to the perfect day?
Thanks

TINY

Tiny
Hello Hunter,Baden Hall is a tremendous fishery with a good mixed head.Big Carp,Bream,Roach and Tench.There`s a lot of water to choose from on this venue,but pretty much all methods work.The food is a bit pricey,but I assume you will pass through Eccleshall on the way and you can grab food cheaper in the village.[:D]
Heron Brook is a good fishery but mainly carp of a match size.You know the saying...4foot deep water and 5foot of fish.[:D]Pretty much all baits will work on this venue as loads of matches are held on there and all manner of food stuffs are thrown in.
Hope that helps a bit[:p]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heron brook

Run by a fella called neil, very match orientatid not really a pleasure fishery in my book.

Baden hall,

Like Andy said loads of waters, main pool is pleasure only with large carp & Tench.

I won't fish it for the simple reason they've decided to stock with barbel in all of their pools, i don't agree with still water barbel so i won't fish anywhere that has them.

main baits for Dian & me were always the same, bread, cheese & meat.

Brekkers i'd forget about mate to be honest, again like Andy said very expensive.

Another problem with baden hall is the kind of match angler it attracts, they're not the ones who sit quietly & fish during the match, they're the sort that have to shout everything out to each other especially when they jump on another pool after the match has finished.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Sorry Hunter I cant help never fished either never set foot in either, I refuse to fish commercial waters. Thats my choice however.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.