Bad Service BAS Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil H

Took a spool of Preston Innovations Reflo Power Line 0.13mm back to BAS this morning after experiencing 3 line snaps approx 2" above the hook. I had contacted Prestons yesterday and they had advised to return the line to where it was purchased,and they would credit the supplier,(BAS Bolton).
I was met with a very unhelpful assistant and somebody I assume the manager who basically stretched the line and commented their was nothing wrong with the product.I informed the assistant of my conversation with Prestons but he said people come in to the store and try it on regularly.
He also commented that their was nothing wrong with the line but would return it to Prestons for testing, but would not refund.
I have again contacted Prestons who have since rectified the problem and are replacing the spool as a gesture of goodwill.
Anybody else experienced terrible service from BAS.
Anybody wanting tackle or bait in the Bolton area should go to Bolton Angling Centre on St Helens Road Bolton. Traditional,friendly and very helpful also a lot cheaper!!!!

Bungee

What hooks were you using? Spade or eyed? If spade, what hook tyer?

jus lumps

Never had faulty products but i admit, they need customer service training & also need personality transplants. Unfortunately we're not blessed with decent tackle shops in Bolton but admit that the service in Bolton Anglers in 1000% better than BAS. They should stick to selling fish tanks.

Neil H

I was using Preston PR28's size 18 also Turbertini series 175 n.4 PZ25. The snaps were clean without curls or fraying. Just a clean cut.

Bungee

Sounds to me like your hooktyer has a sharp edge somewhere, the 2" sounds like you might be using a matchman hook tyer, or Pierotti.

Neil H

Bungee. I wip all my hooks by hand.
Do not use hook tiers for the reasons you outline. Never had problems before, just with this spool of 0.13mm!! The post was more about informing people of the Customer Service or lack of it at BAS. Preston Innovations have been fist-class with a response once they realized BAS were unwilling to help.

n/a26

deleted
Bolton Angling Centre St Helens Road are quality mate, and the closest to me is the dreaded north west angling centre, totaly hate the place.

phil-k

I do use BAS myself for some items and as has been stated earlier the enthusiasm of the staff is none existant, but there are plenty other tackle shops if you need advice.
Farnworth has Highfield Tackle run by Ex International Vinny Smith.
Also in Farnworth is Shorrocks which is good for basics.
Swinton Angling has tons of stock of every bait under the sun.
Pendlebury bait supplies always knock a bit off if your on a budget.
If you are in the Radcliffe/Bury area I recommend Elton tackle which has a match section and a carp/pike section.Also good for advice.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.