Bad run update

Carp attack

Now I posted about a bad run I was having, well after reading and taking on board what was said I started with renewed optimism, spoke to a mate who said join there match, happy days I thought, did some prep ( improvement there ) info searching, brilliant ready for next day, up in morning early, coffee an breakfast drive to meet and buzzing for the draw, draw a ok " ish " peg apparently, few fish coming off it, happy days that will do, anyway cut a long story short, I have 2 so called knocks! Tryed everything you cold think of! No joke, not a sniff! And again DNW ?, anyhow before I'd be throwing toys out the pram but this time I felt calm, I did my best, nothing was in front of me, pegs either side of me both blanked also! Lol, now the winner had a fantastic 128lb but either side of him blanked also! They wouldn't move! Same as 2nd place either side of him DNW, ? great this winter fishing! So onto the next match which is Tuesday, bit of prep tomorrow an hope draw on a few this time, please lord ??

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
It’s certainly a time of year that can be unkind, I had a great days fishing on Friday, second on lake, 5th overall, Saturday was the second day of a two day event and I struggled and was last on the lake, the pegs around me all struggled as well. Today, I could have easily not gone to my peg when I drew it, but as it was a nice day, decided to give it a go, waste of time as I had predicted. I guess 1 decent draw from 3 is better than my usual average......

Carp attack

It’s certainly a time of year that can be unkind, I had a great days fishing on Friday, second on lake, 5th overall, Saturday was the second day of a two day event and I struggled and was last on the lake, the pegs around me all struggled as well. Today, I could have easily not gone to my peg when I drew it, but as it was a nice day, decided to give it a go, waste of time as I had predicted. I guess 1 decent draw from 3 is better than my usual average......
Well done, saw the silver fish you had looked a great day,
Like I said I know the day was a blowout but I still enjoyed myself been on bank so that's a massive step in the right direction in my eyes so roll on the next match, ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thats the spirit carp attack. Winter fishing is tough. A lot of matches are won in the draw bag mate. Keep us posted though. Im enjoying reading of your expeditions. ?

rd350lc

Get on some silvers matches , whilst there are still flyers there are still bites to be had on the other pegs