bad luck syndrome starts again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
Hi all,
Will i ever get rid of this run off bad luck i'm having 5 further problems have raised the ugly heads in the last week.2 beings i've had to cancel my weekend fishin next weekend at Pendle Veiw&the weeks fishing i had planned at the Secret venue because i.Because i can't afford to go now because iv'e had to pay the money i'd saved to go fishing on having the roof repaired + 50.00 excess on insurance claim . See fishin's for explaination. Also another 50.0 on a lap top computer which had the lead accidently ripped out &the subsequent arking inside the lap top burnt a hole in the mother board we had a new computer out of it . Also sat down stair last monday night an loud noise &a bang came from kitchen ran in the glass door in the washing machine had smashed &water was pouring on to the floor.Rang the people we got machine off . They arranged to come out today & put new door on don't no the cost yet but got to have it done can't be without a washing machine can you. Washing machine repairer's just rang up going to wait now got to order new glass door off Beko hadn't got one it stock.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Hi larry mate,

No, you won't get rid of it, it's just how life goes. Sometimes it goes easy and sometimes it don't.

Here's the key.... it's not what happens to us thats the problem, it's how we learn to respond to whatever it is. You know, how some people just seem to shrug it off and seem to sail through life. In reality they have as many problems as the rest of us, just respond/react differently, don't dwelling on the negative. They then look for the small things in life that please them, whatever that is. They are all around you, even if its the smile of a little child. Little kids are great at getting over stuff. Like when they fall over and ball their eyes out...then you distract their attention with something and they're as quiet as a mouse as they move on to the next thing. Easy for me to say all this , my washer door hasnt just busted , but it's how it is.
The most frequent thing that gets me down is when my customers cancel their appointments, which means no money, but i'm getting better at getting over it and moving on to the next thing, keep smilin'.[:)]

Mark

jus lumps

I always say to myself that it could be worse & there will be someone who is gonna be worse off then me. It's not the end of the world as they say.

Larry

Lazarus
Tigerbay,
I'm not down about it's just that i was really looking forward to my 10 days fishing,I just can't seem to get ahead at the moment it's no good me moaning &groaning about it all.
Iv'e got to get up dust myself &get on on with whatever life throws at me iv'e had it all my life & ive learnt to live with it now . It's fatal for me to book a fishin or any weekend break for myself it's seems theres always something comes along to F*** it all up.i thought it was all over with when i managed 3 fishin 's last year but Nae Mind Aye. I woke up this morning so that's a good thing isn't it.
Actually feeling wise &well being&attitudewise i'm the best i've been&felt for over 12mth's i feel capable of handling anything life want's to throw at me & come up smiling .
I'll just have to go over my clubs pool fishing every day we can fish it members only from 1st june. iv'e got a new fishing buddy to go with as well for local fishing.

jonesr

Well said Larry! That is the best attitude to have.It's the old saying.There's always someone worse off than you!BUT you yourself can't always see it that way!
Chin up,you may find a brilliant few days on your local "pond"[;)]

Ron J

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
hey Larry it could have been worse, my heart stopped last month (hence my absence from MD's) and i was "dead" as such, Dian kept my heart going enough (by pushing on my back cos i'd fallen face down and she couldn't roll me over) to keep me ok till the paramedics gave me the old lightning shock and kicked my heart back into touch, that laid me off work for longer than i expected so serious lack of money meant lots of non paid bills, then my mortgage went through but they forgot to add the extra to clear the other bills so now i've got the mortgage AND the other bills to pay and to top it all my hours have been cut at work so now i'm in real deep sh1t.

As for fishing......i can't even go fishing let alone go away doing it cos i'm working every hour they can throw t me now just to try and keep my head above water, we can't even afford to go camping in the new tent we brought last year so thats the kids and Dian upset as well and me getting mad cos its just a waste of money that would have come in real handy right now.

Larry

Lazarus
Trogg sorry to here of your troubles pales mine into insignifcance hope your getting betternow
As the saying goes theres always some one worse off than yourself.Iknow how you feel about money &the bill's piling up &the debt letters coming through door&the baliff's knocking the door we were really in deep **** ourselves until we in the same boat as yourself on 2 day's week for ages.weve not come out too bad since we have been made redundant though getting everything paid off now.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Larry, with all due respect stop whinging [:)]

If I had a fiver for everytime you've posted a whinge I'd be able to pay Trogg a wage and then he'd be able to pay his mortgage

If you want to put your troubles into perspective, a friend of my wife's went to the gym on Tuesday last, totally fit and healthy with everything to live for, threw a fit at the gym and consequently died from an emburism (sp) - she left a young family and husband

Beebs

Never mind Larry, the way that you keep your dignity by gritting your teeth and getting on with life without craving sympathy and whining to anyone who's prepared to listen about - let's face are at best minor inconveniences, is an inspiration to us all.

pool_fodder

My problems are similar to Troggs, I thought I had a lion heart 3 weeks ago but it's deseased and damaged at the ripe old age of 46, things could be much worse many people out there would love to swap us for our lives, so we should feel happy and shouldn't be down but glad to be in our shoes.

The Makem

Just read thru some of this guys posts, he sure does like a bit of a moan and woe is me stuff.

Get on with it man, go see the samaritans if you need help.

weve not come out too bad since we have been made redundant though getting everything paid off now

Then why the moan then,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lol, try opening the mail to find a letter from the Administrators of a company that has been put into administration whilst owing you a small fortune - it happened to me on Monday but I'm still smiling alcoholic2.gif cursing2.gif [8D]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Dave

Lol, try opening the mail to find a letter from the Administrators of a company that has been put into administration whilst owing you a small fortune - it happened to me on Monday but I'm still smiling alcoholic2.gif cursing2.gif [8D]

There may be hope yet Dave, two of our customers had problems last year.

One went into administration, came through it under the administrators, paid off their debts and are now on the up again. [8D]

The other went straight into the hands of the liquidators and took us for 65 big ones. No new Maver N57 for me then... [:(]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Not sure what to add to this post - everyone needs to cut loose every now and again. It does good to get off your chest once in a while. We all have our issues and worries and every now and again just want to yell "SHUT THE F*CK UP"

Life's a b1tch
You get out of it what you put into it
Only the good die young
Life is what you make it
Get busy doin or get busy dying
Etc etc

and more pointless waffle..........why did I even reply to this thread?

stikflote

Site Supporter
LARRY, do same as Dave and stop bloody whinging ,go and find another job, if you look you will find one ,its not only you with problems ,we all have em ,but we just get on with life, theres a lot people in the grave yard would swop places with you

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Got to admit Larry, your incessant
sense of humour is a joy to behold
and an inspiration to all fellow men.

Believe me its a real pick me up for us MD'ers
for us to all realise, there's always
some one who is worse off than us.

Regards. [;)] [:D] [:D]

Harry.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Have you ever thought Larry you may be Bi-polar? Reading some of your posts you are either on cloud 9 (sometimes 10) or down in the dumps its the end of the world....

Seriously mate I think you may need professional help.

I felt the only way to say this was by being blunt and honest

Larry

Lazarus
Enigma,
I didn't think just expressing whats happening in my life came down to moaning just shows you the way different folk's interpret thing's
Your probably right about me needing professional help but by just being able to express my feeling's on here helps a lot to here the read various replys from stop moaning to sympathy the only professional help i need i would like at the moment hangs around street corners at night wearing short skirts lol lol lol.
Don't mind anyone being blunt &honest woudn't have it any other i belive that if youv'e got something to say say don't P***yfoot about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.