Bad day for the cut

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Been looking forward to this canal match for a while. Woke up to a strong wind & torrential rain. Arrived at the canal in plenty of time to set up & the draw had been done online the night before. The wind was blowing right along the canal & the rain wasn't stopping. Just before the off, my brolly turned inside out & half the spokes snapped. Slung up the bank.
Spent the next five hours, freezing, wet & all the plans I'd made for attacking the canal went for a burton. It was a struggle putting a pinkie on the hook. Very poor results all the way along the length & it was won with 2lb. My contribution was 4oz, consisting of 8 perch....some of them were tiny & I thought they were ruffe! I was still second in the section though....beaten by 1oz :(

Krh57

Site Supporter
That’s a bit of a bummer Landlord, nowt worse than rain and gales !!
Well done for sticking it out !

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Guess you will be returning there tomorrow mate, for another session :jump:
We are planning to go back on the Shroppie either on Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe both.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Guess you will be returning there tomorrow mate, for another session :jump:
We are planning to go back on the Shroppie either on Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe both.
Haha - won't be going anywhere for about 6 weeks. I'll have my forearm in plaster from tomorrow.