backup pole option ( whot to get)

jonnyjones

Whot would be a good pole to buy for a second pole that I can be little more heavy handed and fish commercials open water slapping and down edge!

thinking of Daiwa tournament pro (the original ) as can get 16mtr power pack for £2k

or maybe maver signature pro 921 that's little more at £2.500

are both these good to get parts for if brake the odd section

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Whot would be a good pole to buy for a second pole that I can be little more heavy handed and fish commercials open water slapping and down edge!

thinking of Daiwa tournament pro (the original ) as can get 16mtr power pack for £2k

Browning z8 2 or z83

jonnyjones

thanks mate" these not in the same mold as the sphere then as those can be little brickle lot have said for commercials

robert d

Site Supporter
thanks mate" these not in the same mold as the sphere then as those can be little brickle lot have said for commercials
I cant review Sphere yet ,it seems really good ,but not a second pole for sure . Everything with sphere at home is fantastic but until i catch a few in it i dont know lol . I had the Z9_2 that was awesome, shouldnt have sold it . The 980 is another great pole but not a second pole .

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
The forerunner to this, the Abyss X is my second pole.

jonnyjones

The forerunner to this, the Abyss X is my second pole.

want something to fish easy at 14.5 and above mate but looks good for down margins

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter

Whats your current main pole.....surely something from same makers will give you more spares and you can use existing top kits ?

jonnyjones

iv got a map 901 3g iv not used yet because lockdown! was just going to save this for winter and long fishing! was after pole to fish upto 14 mtr in summer and down edge but still want a good pole"

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
iv got a map 901 3g iv not used yet because lockdown! was just going to save this for winter and long fishing! was after pole to fish upto 14 mtr in summer and down edge but still want a good pole"
Thats a lot of pole going unused....bloody lockdowns......why spend over 3k and not use it for everything.....surely it will be fine for all commercial fishing ?.....

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
A 921 as a second pole ? Can I come work for you ? ..... please. That’s a mighty fine second pole my friend. 👍. A mate of mine went to buy a tourny pro for a second pole last year and came back with an original mint Airity for £ 750. A guy on Facebook was packing up match fishing and going into carp fishing. So, there are some bargains out there if you look hard enough. The pole he originally went for was advertised in the ‘ Pole Alley ‘ section of Facebook if that’s any use to you mate. Good luck. 👍

robert d

Site Supporter

I do like the browning poles and tri cast both superb

robert d

Site Supporter

Tourney pro in pole alley £1350 like new

jonnyjones

don't know as im like that with tackle! buy stuff don't use or see something else after looking on forums and sell it lol I got a new matrix duralite barrow platform that I got and know just got me a 4 wheel matrix barrow!

im also new to pole fishing so don't really know much about poles

jonnyjones

A 921 as a second pole ? Can I come work for you ? ..... please. That’s a mighty fine second pole my friend. 👍. A mate of mine went to buy a tourny pro for a second pole last year and came back with an original mint Airity for £ 750. A guy on Facebook was packing up match fishing and going into carp fishing. So, there are some bargains out there if you look hard enough. The pole he originally went for was advertised in the ‘ Pole Alley ‘ section of Facebook if that’s any use to you mate. Good luck. 👍
saw a youtube video on that Rikki Richards using a maver signature 821 pro and he said was better than his tourney pro! and looked solid!

iv always liked the daiwa air z but don't think that as a backup pole would be clever!

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
so your new to pole fishing ,you've got a 901 you haven't used yet and your after another 2 grander to use as a back up pole :unsure: