Backrest for old style Boss Seat boxes ?

Graham55

Has anyone out there ever tried making a backrest for old style Boss Seat boxes or knows of a manufactured one that will fit please ? Having terrible trouble with my back now when pole fishing and can't really manage in a chair its just too awkward. Maybe I need to purchase a different box any suggestions ?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Graham,
one of our members @Markywhizz got a backrest that he managed to fit to his Garbolino seatbox which may be suitable

backrest1.jpeg

backrest 2.jpeg

I've tagged him into this post so he should see it and hopefully be able to provide you with some more info on it. :upthumb:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Browning have a box with a backrest built in The Black Magic S line box no foot plate and not good for heavier anglers as the legs can slip but otherwise a decent lightweight box.

Graham55

Hi Graham,
one of our members @Markywhizz got a backrest that he managed to fit to his Garbolino seatbox which may be suitable

backrest1.jpeg

backrest 2.jpeg

I've tagged him into this post so he should see it and hopefully be able to provide you with some more info on it. :upthumb:
Thanks for that Peter it would be great if I could achieve that sort of back rest on my current ancient Boss box.

Graham55

Browning have a box with a backrest built in The Black Magic S line box no foot plate and not good for heavier anglers as the legs can slip but otherwise a decent lightweight box.
Hi Ken,
That Browning box looks great but it is just not big enough for all the unnecessary gear I carry all the time. It's only unnecessary until the day I need it of course.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Hi Graham,

backrest1.jpeg

backrest 2.jpeg

As @Peter mentioned I added a backrest to my seat box (see photos). I bought a Koala backrest and had a custom back made for it by Custom Seatbox Seats. Unfortunately I don’t think Koala sell just the backrest any more though you could contact them. Custom Seatbox Seats have ceased trading though there are other companies doing similar.

If you want to try Koala their website is koalaproducts.co.uk