Back to work

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well today my xmas holiday comes to an end :( today is load Jobs up and quote day, Albert will love being chased round the Builders yard with summat in his mouth that he's pinched, ah well roll on Easter ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I feel like I haven't stopped - oh, hang on a minute :thinking:

Chervil

Site Supporter
Been back a week, but just not feeling it today, may be time to start looking around again.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I went back last week, managed 2.5 days as Iv'e been struggling to shift Man flu since Xmas.

Went back properly today, Full steam ahead until Easter.

BTMS

Site Supporter
Dave S its not that cracked up as it seems first year is good then you get bored. I retired when I was 55 then went back to work part time 25 hrs a week then retired again after 5 years doing 60-70hours a week. Now cannot do what I wanted to do due to ill health. Best layed plans of mice and men etc ...

62tucker

Site Supporter
Dave S its not that cracked up as it seems first year is good then you get bored. I retired when I was 55 then went back to work part time 25 hrs a week then retired again after 5 years doing 60-70hours a week. Now cannot do what I wanted to do due to ill health. Best layed plans of mice and men etc ...
I been retired age 55 20 months ago and never been bored once. Never regretted it once. Absolutely love it. Body was knackered from 40 years of hard graft. Got chance to get out and I took it. Never looked back. Every days a holiday

Last edited:

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
I'd love to work - I made a mistake 5 years ago and got a criminal record -£80 fine, suspended sentence, course and probation, health issues/excessive drinking (that have been addressed with medication) have been highlighted as major players for the infraction

18 year career down the toilet! ( i'm mid 40's got years of work still ahead of me).

As soon as you got to an interview/discussion about a role and it comes up - "sorry mate we cant take this further", worked all my life, would bust a gut for not living on UC.

The law that makes me have to declare is the "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act", so designed to help you get work but it's used as the reason NOT to employ you!

Got a course next week at the job centre for my CSCS card, work experience and guaranteed interview ; but i can see it coming a mile off - i'll get the card, be told they'd love to take me but...

I moan that the country is too conservative in this regard, but all i get told is it was my offending that's the problem NOT society.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
@DomCrtr1975 mate first welcome to the site (y) I have every sympathy with ya and if ya lived nearer i would do my best to get ya a start and give you the chance to prove yer sen, Good luck mate hope ya get sorted.

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
Thanks Wise Owl, but the positive thing is i have a little more time for the fishing - although daytickets down here are £10+, i cant afford too many a month