Back to whip 2mrw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricktop

Snap
Hello all. My first post. Nice to be here and really glad I've found a forum. I often get embarrased when askin for tips in my local tackle shop. They look at me a bit weird if you know what I mean? I suppose I can shrug off any mild embarrasments here (which is nice - hehe)

Anyhows

I'm fishing a local water in Northwest 2mrw. I suppose it is really a match carp fishing lake, which is really well stocked with massive heads of 4 - 8lb Mirrors up to about 25lb max in summer.

It also holds a lot of roach, small Tench to 1lb and of coarse the complimentary perch.

For the first time since last spring I'm going back to my 5 metre elasticated whip tomorrow. Got my box of pinkies in the fridge chilling nicely. I shall be prodominantly going for the silver tomorrow as my success with Carp at this time of year has been somewhat non existant.

I'm taking all my gear tomorrow so could swap to carp fish should the mood take me. I have some small sinking trout pellets just incase.

The lake is about 40% 3ft deep shelving suddenly to about 11ft max I think.

Any tips for taking the carp on tomorrow? The lake is surrounded my thick reed beds (which I presume will have receeded with the winter)

Mainly I need attractive tips. I've sat on the bank for far too long at this time of year before watching a float with baits fished on the bottom that never slips away.

Should I feed regularly and in small quantities, or feed larger amounts less frequently?

Any tips would be appreciated

Cheers

I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then

joe1987

'Darwener'
Firstly welcome to MDs.
Well im not an expert but from what other people on here have said I would feed small quantities quite often but dont feed too much or you will kill the swim. Just out of interest, which fishery are you fishing?

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

brady

the weather has been pretty mild this week so the carp will more than likely show up although they may be very peggy my tip is if its a commercial fishery and you can use pellets USE them

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome on board Bricktop [:)]

I don't know the water but like many at the moment kep the loose feed down to a bare minimum, just a couple to start with and then maybe a half dozen or so every few casts.

Even if you start catching steady away keep the feed down as you'll fill them easily and then no more bites [:)]

Dave

TINY

Tiny
Good tips from all involved[:)]I think I would be tempted to fish about half way down the shelf[:D]
And you shouldn`t get embarrassed about asking questions in a tackle shop,because the likes of me and a few others are here to help with advice and tips,not just supply you with tackle.[:D][:D]

Andy.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Welcome to MDs Bricktop. Not sure what time you are out today so this might be too late, sorry.

If you do go for the carp, as it's warmer it might be worth a try, fish to any features that the lake has (island, sunk trees etc.).

As Brady suggested pellets are good. but if they don't work try something different - I caught a couple of 4-8lb carp on prawn a few weeks back, with a few bits of broken boilie and prawn pieces in small PVA bag as an appetiser.

Good luck

AlanP

Status
Not open for further replies.